Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to EQ Fan Art!  (Read 385684 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Re: EQ Fan Art has returned!
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »

Thanks! We did get a small surge of legitimate new users, so perhaps some of them are old friends coming back. :D 

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »

A reminder: if you have just recently joined and have a Calendar entry that needs to be credited to you, please let Foxeye know.  She is the only one who can switch an image from "unregistered artist" to your user name.

windbourne

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:01 PM »

EEE!! I'm so happy to see it back! Not that I didn't appreciate the official forum, but there was something extra-lovely about the community that was built up around eqfanart.  :) I changed my name, though. I'm now windbourne (which is my standard online handle now), formerly addressed as kaze-kun. :D

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »

Great to see you back! :D 

That means I can take a few more calendar pieces off of the "unregistered_artist" list. *rub hands gleefully*

Peacepine

• Treewee
  • www.elfeyesonly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to ElfQuest Discussion
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »

Hiya, Afke!  ;D I'm glad to see this site is doing so well. It's really looking good!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

I agree! I just love this place. I might not be so active, but I just like the mood I guess. ;D I do have another new picture waiting to be colored, but it's been on my desk for more than a week now, so perhaps I should just post it as it is, since this site inspired the drawing anyway and I have no idea when I'll find enough time/energy to finish it.

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »

I am so excited to see this place up and running again its wonderful place fans to get together and share in the happiness that is Elfquest.

Now on with the Introduction.
most of you know me as Valkyrie from the scroll of colors or Misschievious from Deviantart so I decided that it would behoove me to incorporate both here. My other reality name is Sarah and I have been a fan of elfquest for...well 20 years or so I'm not sure just how old I was when I got my grubby little mits on a copy of elfquest all I know it that it was a struggle to get it away from the rest of my sibs but ever since then it has been a major love in my life and it has really influenced my love of drawing as those of you who know me might have guessed already X3
anyway for those that I  haven't met yet I look forward to getting to know you and for those that I have its fabulous to see you here as well *hugs*
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:11:41 AM by mischievous_valkyrie »
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »

HEYA! it's been SO long time no see!! AYOOOH!! my friends! AYOOOOH!! my tribe!! it's me, Berit! you wouldn't believe how I have missed you all! I was disheartened when the old EQfanart fell apart... I wandered around the net in search of a place that had Elfquest fan stuff, but no place felt like it should... not without you guys!... you made the EQfanart feel home to me... I still remember how warm the place felt when I first joined... I truly felt welcomed... I've never felt anythinfg like that, no matter what art page I joined... oh! sorry! listen to me go on and on!... now then... let's get to it! shall we? the whole place is full of art I want to check out and comment!...
                                                                            Berit

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »

Welcome Berit! :)  Folks are still slowly returning, so it may take some time until it becomes the place that we remember...but we'll get there!

(Note: I just went on one of my post-moving sprees and merged together the two topics that were acting as "welcome to the forums" topics.  Apologies for anyone who has been confused, or made to look as if they were talking to themselves on account of having posted in both threads.  ;D)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

It's been a while since I maintained a forum, but I was the same with keeping things in order. ;D Merging topics and such, haha. We might have to get used to it, but it does help to keep the forums 'clean'.
I was actually searching for this topic in which we were introducing ourselves so I could let Berit know, but it took me a while to find it! Perhaps it could be a sticky topic?

And yes, welcome back Berit! I felt as happy-giddy as you did when I got back. :D

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »

Hello all, I'm new to the forum... I've been reading EQ since I was little though, so for about the last 20 years! I just started running the old tabletop RPG for my husband and have been getting back into EQ. I actually found this forum through the main EQ website, after looking for a way to submit art to the Fanart calendar. So I may be doing just that!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 12:33:35 AM »

AYOOOAH! I'm back here as well, lured by Berit.  ;)

I started reading EQ at junior high, and loved the pretty art and stories. I think my favourite tribe would be the Go-Backs, Wolfriders not far behind. I should start drawing more, so feel free to kick me into action once in a while. I have a tendency to lack productivity. :P

Glad to be back!
- Czarine

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 03:31:09 AM »

I should start drawing more, so feel free to kick me into action once in a while. I have a tendency to lack productivity

OK! you asked for it! *KICK* c'mon fish-poker!! draw more!! MOOORE!!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 03:33:03 AM »

Hello all, I'm new to the forum...

oh Hi! and welcome to EQ fanart!...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »

Hello all, I'm new to the forum... I've been reading EQ since I was little though, so for about the last 20 years! I just started running the old tabletop RPG for my husband and have been getting back into EQ. I actually found this forum through the main EQ website, after looking for a way to submit art to the Fanart calendar. So I may be doing just that!

Welcome! I recognize your name from DA. :D 

AYOOOAH! I'm back here as well, lured by Berit.  ;)

I started reading EQ at junior high, and loved the pretty art and stories. I think my favourite tribe would be the Go-Backs, Wolfriders not far behind. I should start drawing more, so feel free to kick me into action once in a while. I have a tendency to lack productivity. :P

Glad to be back!
- Czarine

Glad to have you here!  We can take turns kicking each other...I have the same durned problem. :P

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Hehe... I guess that's what happens when you follow an online "paper trail", you tend to lead back to the same people every time. :D  Glad to be here though, I already have an idea for the calendar, it's just a matter of trying to figure out how to implement it properly. And thanks for the warm welcome!

Chieftess Sorrell

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to EQ Fan Art!
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2009, 07:18:48 AM »

I joined the EQ world when I was about 10. My best friend Christy told me of it. I have been a fan for all these years. My first elf had a Tolkien name. I now run Three Holts Alliance. We were once Londrop Twin Peaks Holt, but that fell to the side when I was raising my four kids alone. All the kids have left home now, I am running a Holt again, with some wonderful people I have met through the fandom. Over the years I have come to see other fans as extended family. EQ has been the main constantly enjoyable activity in life, and I am thankful to Wendy, Richard and Christy for helping me find it. I was told of this site by another dear friend and fellow EQer and I am glad to be here. I hope to make yet more friends here and see their beautiful work.

Robi
Chieftess Sorrell

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 11:00:40 AM »

Finally I have the time to appreciate this wonderful revival of EQ Fanart - and join back in! :D

I'm Julie but I go by the name of Icebird almost everywhere on the Net, except for DeviantArt and YouTube. I had an account at the old EQ Fanart forum yet mostly I forgot I had it and kept to my thread on the Scroll. That, however, I'd like to redeem, so here I am. So happy to see so many recognizable faces. ;D 

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

Icebird! *glomp*  Hopefully you'll find the site user friendly enough that you do keep uploading your art here. If nothing else, it gives you a convenient place to host your art for sharing on the SoC. :) 

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »

Icebird! *glomp*  Hopefully you'll find the site user friendly enough that you do keep uploading your art here. If nothing else, it gives you a convenient place to host your art for sharing on the SoC. :) 

*glomps* Thanks for the welcome! So far I am enjoying it - despite confussing myself with my gallery settings ::) - and I thought that too. This place is probably a little bit safer from art thieves than an account on PhotoBucket would be, I think. ;) At least, the elfie art can go here. :D

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »

Very cool!

I was on the old site as well - though back then I tended to go by the handle of Rainy.

Since then I shifted to Faerydae when I started producing a lot of fairy art ... and I just sort of prefer it overall anyway.

In any case, I am glad to see the site is back! I'd missed it and wondered often what might have happened to it.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Sihreie

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »

Hi, I'm Tanya. I found my first eq book when I was 12 (will be 23 in a couple of days time) and have been a fan ever since.  

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »

Hi Tanya! Welcome to Elfquest Fanart!...

Sihreie

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »

Thanks! ;D

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

Yes, a belated welcome to both of you! (Sorry I've been so quiet lately...been moving.  :o)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up