Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to EQ Fan Art!  (Read 385668 times)

Swiftshadow

• Treewee
  • Skype - Omenmaha
    • View Profile
    • D.Antoinette @ deviant art
Re: Welcome to EQ Fan Art!
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »

Well hello there, everyone~^^ Seems..rather late int he game to be joining up..BUUUT~

The Name's Dominique~!I'm a 27 year old California beach rat who's been an EQ fan for the better part of the last 14 years who has, oddly enough most likely thanks to Amberfox (ya brat XD), rekindled that good old ElfQuest love spark.^_^ I was supposed to join this site.. er.. MONTHS ago. but..ALAS~!! Real life is a bummer with many a winding road indeed~! But I HAVE finally gotten the chance to come, join, and I must say, I'm already enjoying my stay~! ^_^

Kind of regretting not joining sooner~! uGh~!XD Procrastination and shiney things are the bane of my existence XD

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »

Hello hello :)  So which part of the california coastline do you hail from? 

(Shiney things are what makes life worth living. I too am a member of Clan Corvidae in that sense. :P )

Swiftshadow

• Treewee
  • Skype - Omenmaha
    • View Profile
    • D.Antoinette @ deviant art
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

I hail from Southern Cali, my dear~! The quiet sea side city of old Spanish Santa Barbara~<3~! And HIGH ONES KNOW IT, how I wish I was still there. UNFORTUNATELY.... I am now residing in Las Vegas.

It is very cold here, oh yes...*hisses and huddles under a blanket* BUT YES~!!!! Shiny things ~!O v OI love my shiny things... Mechanical pencil included~!^_~

I can't wait to get jump kicked on the ElfQuest frame of art-mind again~! Tis been TOO long! Now..I AM OFF~!! To post at LEAST some sketch work of mine in the Gallery~! AYOOOOAH~!

Saree

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 02:06:45 AM »

Hi there,

I am from Germany (sorry in advance for misspellings and poor grammar) and started dedvouring EQ comics 12 years ago. At this time, I was 17 and tried to find my muse. I did not draw much before, althrough my art teacher was pleased with all the stuff I created during lessons. EQ inspired me and helped me to advance my skills (if there had been any before). I loved creating new characters, draw characters of others and also wrote some stories. You see, I found my muse.

But during my time at university (I have a grade in biology) all got lost. I had not had time for drawing, nor was I interested in EQ anymore. Too many other things waited to be discovered. It seemed the time of my childish elf mania was over. Sometimes I regretted losing the ability to be creative. This moments of regret accumulated during the last 2 years.

But unfortunately without practicing I do not know how to draw anymore; I do not like the results. I have become afraid of pencil and paper but on the other hand I know that not trying would be a waste. I am missing the creative times and I am afraid of becoming a person that will always ask herself what could have been.

That`s why I am here. I want to renew my interest in EQ and above all start drawing again after 5 years without even holding a pen. At the moment you only find a folder with old stuff in my gallery ... but I hope there will be a folder with new stuff soon.
I am curious if I will hold on. Let`s keep fingers crossed.  ;)

Great to be here. I need a lot of inspiration!
Saree

... oh, and sorry for not making it short.  ;)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 02:57:36 AM »

Hi Saree, welcome! I hope you do get inspired here, I know it worked for me! Have a great time.

Deathwing

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Site
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »

Totally forgot to introduce me here xD

I'm Deathwing, but mainly known in teh web as "Yako". I'm 23 years old and from germany.
I've been active in the old elfquestfanart site, and now I am here :D

I discovered Elfquest at the age of 11, in our public library - and Elfquest has been the cause of my drawing addiction starting at that age ;) it also led me to the world of Role playing games and all in all only to good things.

My main hobbys are drawing and Roleplaying games. Somehow, I didnt manage to draw much fanart for elfquest, because i focused almost immediately on my own characters.
But I still hope you like my works in the gallery :D

Sweetwater

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »

I love this website so much! its sooo nice! Everyone is so friendly and sweet! yay!! Hello everyone that i have not said hello to yet!

Chieftess Sorrell

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »

I was so happy my friend Sharon helped me find this site. I have really been enjoying looking at other people's work since I got here. I never posted to this thread before, but I want to let you know I appreciate this site. I have been a fan since the mid 80s and I even ran a Holt prior to the one I run now. It is a beautiful thing when EQ fans come together. I hope everyone else is enjoying this place as much as I am. I was hoping to see more people I recognized, I don't know where so many of them are anymore and that is a shame. However since everyone here uses an alias I don't know who anyone is save Amberfox. So if you know me hit me up. My name is Robin McCulley. I miss some of my old friends in the fandom, but have lost track of so many of them over the years. I LOVE EQ.
Chieftess Sorrell

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »

Huh, we have a introduction thread. Didn't know that! I'm Startear. I kinda use many different names online, like Kanzee, Dj Immoral Hands, Shuna (which I got before I learned that there is a Elfquest character with the same name), Ofelas... you get my drift. 

I discovered ElfQuest when I was fourteen, when Egmont decided to reprint the Original Quest, Siege of Blue Mountain, Kings of the Broken Wheel and Wolfrider here in Norway.

Mainly see myself as an writer and dollmaker, but been writerblocked, so I've been doing art and fanart. Mainly dork around with different styles and mediums. I often need to word myself around things, with this being my second language, so if I'm not clear, tell me, then I'll try to explain myself better.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:26 AM »

Hi Hi Everybody!

I'm Gina Schroeder-Simpson. I've been in the fandom since about 96, when I joined the New (old!) EQ fan club and started to join some of the offline holts that were around back then. Since then I've been in and out of it, but I can't ever leave Elfquest for long. I've been part of most of the holts that are still around at one point or another. (coughs)

Anyhow. I just wanted to say hello! And Hi to people I have seen around the interwebs before I finally made it here!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »

Hello Evafortuna and welcome!
You're already a long-time fan, eh? Glad that you always feel drawn-back to Elfquest.
I hope you will enjoy this place. Please feel free to share your art and opinions here!

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »

Hello my name is Cat...or Truelife or Ca-twin or ahmmm lol i have many names i  do RPG in.  But elf wies i mainly go with is Truelife.

I have been apart of EQ since I bugged my friend Gennie in P.E class in middel school and asked What she was reading.  HOOKED LINE AND SINKER.  Wendy got another nut.  That was back in ahmmm 1988 i think.  I became a member of her holt.. Wolf's find..then Transfer to a diferant holt called SweetWater.. their I met manny More Elf nuts and i was right at home.

I amd an Artis and i do some wrighting as well.  I do RPG's (I have the EQ RPG) computer games, reading, watch many shows, Cosplay, ect.  I was a part of the Main EQ sight... maybe i an still in there ....lol be a while since i posted there.

Tah-Marien said this was a wonderful sight and said i should check it out...so HERE I AM:)  She was right you guys are cool.
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »

Heya and welcome to Elfquest fanart! Good to meet'cha!...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »

Hello and welcome. If you need anything I'm here to help.  ;)

Starskimmer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »

Hello there!

I'm Kyna, current player of Starskimmer over at Rivertwine Holt. I'm primarily an artist, and was encourage to post some of my work here, so here I am. I live in San Diego, CA, but spent a few years in Germany and much of my early childhood in Costa Rica. I'm also fast approaching my 30th year of existence.

Fun fact: I've never attempted to draw a canon Elfquest character before. Isn't that weird? Something I intend to fix, at some point.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »

Hey Kyna! Welcome to our little group. I look forward to seeing what you post here.  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »

Heya Starskimmer! welcome aboard! have a good time here!...

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »

Ayoooooooooooooah and Welcome Starskimmer!

Great to see your art posted here and I hope to see plenty more. As for drawing cannon characters, in all the years I've been involved in EQ, I never drew one myself. It wasn't until I was invited to participate in the calendar (2012 and 2013, I think) that I gave it a go. Yikes! Much harder than it seems! But don't worry about it; we at this site love original art and enjoy personal styles and interpretation.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »

Hey Kyna!

Welcome to our little Holt.  ;D If you need anything just let me know.

Maggie

Lightheart

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »

;D Hi ya'll!  I'm a bit late to the party, but introducing myself anyways!  I'm Robin Sturgeon Abess, aka Lightheart and I was first introduced to the glory that is EQ waaaaay back in the day, around 1982ish.  I met a really cute guy at a ComiCon in Dallas, TX {in the days before they were such HUGE affairs and so expensive} named Rebel Burkhalter and he and his friends introduced me to Cutter, Skywise, Leetah and all the gang!  Sadly, Richard and Wendy were at that con, but I didn't go meet them or get an autograph, as I didn't know how awesome this was then.  I joined the fan club in 1983 and stayed a member til it seemed to disappear.  Had two of the fan made magazines from the club, both of which are were lost to various circumstances {as were all my original books - le sigh}, but I have bought all the books again in graphic novel form and found one of the fanzines online, which I now own again.  I wrote a couple of poems and submitted them, but don't know if they ever got put in to one of the collections or not.  Anyway, I'm 52, have a 13 year old son, and am a huge Geek/Nerd, board and RP gamer {I DM for a group of 8, not including me, all female, ranging in age from mid-late 20s up to my age}, Dr. Who maniac, ML for NaNoWriMo for the Hampton Roads VA part of the country, reader, writer, and lover of all things nature!  That about sums me up...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »

Hi Lightheart!

Welcome to the EQ nerd-fest.  ;D If you need anything just give me a shout!

Maggie

Bittersilk

• Treewee
  • I'm new
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »

Hello, not sure i 'm posting the right place, still kinda new here. I've noticed that my art submitions. are REALLY huge when zoomed in... are there any way of getting them downsized,   I can't seem to find anywhere where I can choose the size of them, or is it something that you have to do before submitting? I've noticed that other peoples art in this page seems to have a more decent size
BitterSilk

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:10 PM »

Hello Bittersilk, if you want to give your picture a maximum size, you'll have to do that in en editing program before you upload the picture, or scan at a smaller size. It doesn't happen automatically. However, people can already view your picture properly so long as they don't click to fullview. But I see you've managed to change the size already, at least; I don't see anything wrong with it. :)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »

Yes, the first click gives me a roughly screen high image, the second one goes to full resolution. No harm done. :)

If you want to resize a picture there are some possibilities. It depends on your operating system and with that the possible programs. Though something like GIMP runs nearly everywhere. Or, for analog pictures the first part is the scanner or the camera, though I suggest not to take too low resolutions. You can always downsize images - but upsize only to a certain extent.
Make sure first to crop the image, then you can "render it down" proportionally. I could give you instructions for a few programs how to do so.

Prayer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:13 AM »

Hi,

I am an artist from Germany. Nice to meet fellow Elfquest artists.
The Elfquest Fan Art Calendars are absolutely amazing as well as beautiful artworks.
You guys are an inspiration and keep the Elfquest fandom colorful and alive.

Shade and sweet water,

Prayer
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." ~ Romans 12:9-10
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up