Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to EQ Fan Art!  (Read 385588 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Welcome to EQ Fan Art!
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »

It is here, in your hands, that you hold your own life. Take care of them. For with head and heart to help, they can make any dream real.
~Leetah, from A Gift of Her Own    

Artists and writers rejoice, EQ Fanart is back! We've got a different look, a different URL, and new management, but the mission of the site is as it ever was...

...to create a welcoming place where the creative fans of ElfQuest can share and enjoy each other's work, and each other's company.  ElfQuest produces a whole lotta fan art and fan fiction.  :D

To your left you can find the link to the fan art gallery, and in the forums below you will find a section set aside for writers to post fan fiction.

Before you start to post artwork or stories I recommend reading through the stickied threads in the "Guides and Guidelines" area of the boards, and the unsticked ones too if you have time.  

If you are unfamiliar with this brand of forum software, I recommend the Help! link in the menu at the top.

Now for some one-time-only gratuitous introductions...

Up top you will see the lady I jokingly consider our mascot, and which my husband named "Splotch".  To my dismay that less-than-reverent name has stuck, so, um, say hi to Splotch. She'll be staring at you a lot. ;) If you get tired of feeling you are being watched, let me know and I'll see about designing an alternative template.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Foxeye, aka Jerelyn Parker, a fan of 20 years and sporadically active member of the online EQ fan community since the days of list serv and there was no Scroll of Colors and EQ Fanart was a yahoo group.  I was best known at the time for an obssession with Crescent, and I am still the owner of Crescent's fan shrine.  I'm a bit of a wise-ass at times, but I believe strongly in fairness and communication, so don't hesitate to come to me with concerns about the site.  

Another member of the team behind this site is the Silent One, my husband. He loves EQ too (it's how we met!), but he's not a chatter-er, so he won't be as visible. His role is to help me keep this site running.  Say hello to the long-haired, hippie man who helps run the commerce engine behind the Playstation Store. Now smile because that same man is  making sure your files and your data are kept safe and snug, and that this site loads fast and trouble-free.  *huggle's husband*  

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:00:53 PM by Foxeye »

Sweetwater

Re: Welcome to ElfQuest Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »

Well, I guess I will start with the introductions. ^-^

I'm Natalie, though most people know me as Sweetwater! ^-^ I LOVE elfquest (i've loved it for as long as i can remember) i'm 19 years old and i've been friends with Foxeye for quite some time, though I would love to meet and get to know everyone else as well!

Nice to meet you all ahead of time!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:26:02 AM by Sweetwater »

Frozenleaves

• Zwoot
  • To hunt to howl to live free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »

Wow, a few minutes ago I got the news about this page and now I'm here :)
To hunt, to howl to live free.

MrsGrizzley

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »

Woot!!!  I got the news and here I am!!!!  I'll probably get around to posting my stories later.  I've got alot of them and they need some sifting through.

Mrs. Grizzley

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
Re: EQ Fan Art has returned!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »

YAY!   Hooray for you, and for the hippie-hubby!!!  Huge thank you and kudos to you both for your efforts!  I'm so very grateful that you've both made this effort to bring EQ Fan Art back from the graveyard!
email me at farscout@rivertwine.com

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »

Yay!  I'm so excited to see this board up and running again!  Three cheers for Foxeye (and the hippie-hubby!  ;D)

My name is Whitney -- I first got involved in EQ fandom back when I was a little kid in the 1980s (::cough cough::), ran a fanzine Holt for many many years, then dropped out of the fandom in the early 1990s.  A friend pulled me back into EQ fandom a few years ago by getting me to join Rushwater Holt, and when that club folded, I was one of many who pulled together to start up River Twine Holt (insert shameless plug here!)  I enjoy a good, old-fashioned EQ club, but most of all, I really enjoy a good, active shared-world creative group where everyone's coming up with new fic and new stories about a familiar cast of characters.  Fandom warped me for life (no pun intended!)
email me at farscout@rivertwine.com

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »

Intro time!

First I'm super happy that EQfanart has returned in one form or another and thank you for all the effort of making it happen =D  When I first got into the fandom there was literally no one who shared my interest except for family (and I didn't think about how the internet had clubs/fandoms/etc at the time) so when I discovered the first EQFA I was happyhappy!  I'm horrible at keeping up with forums and stuff though so my activity is fairly low.  I apologize!  But I hope to be able to keep up a bit atleast ^^;;;

In all things fandom related I'm known as Branchscamper (but you'll see Yukiko here and there!) and it was the artwork that drew me in to EQ.  I just began drawing this art again after a few years break, but I'm also slow on drawing so once again I will try my hardest! 

And...I think that's about it for now?  XD

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »

Coolness! How nice that there's an EQ fan art space up and running again. :D  I don't have much to say at the moment but I'm sure I'll come up with lots later.
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Woot, the domain elfquestfanart.com has successfully transferred!

So you can now reach this place at:

elfquestfanart.com
elfquestfanart.net
eqfanart.net

Now if only there were a way to get back eqfanart.com. :(

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

Wow, this brings me back... I wonder if more people from the old days will return as well?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 01:32:42 PM »

I sure hope so. I hope there is some way for them to find out about this place being up.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »

I sure hope so. I hope there is some way for them to find out about this place being up.
I could send an email inviting all the people who have been in the calendar.  I have a record of emails for everyone who entered for the last two years.  Earlier than that, there are the emails used as the artist credit when the calender is displayed on elfquest.com.  Some of those are probably not valid anymore, but worth a try.

It would probably be better that the email invite comes from me as part of the Calendar project so it doesn't seem like we are spamming anyone.

Black Genet

• Treewee
  • SHARING MAKES RICHER !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »

Hi there !
I'm a fan of Elfquest since 1983 and already very active on the official site ( PCoquelin ).
Since I can't draw, I merely pioneered in Elfquest avatars...
  ...and since I'm interested in every kind of Elfquest-related fan art and fiction, I'm here !

Peacepine

• Treewee
  • www.elfeyesonly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »

I'm so happy you've brought the site back!! I love Splotch! She's pretty.

I've added a note to my site (www.elfeyesonly.com) that EQFanArt is back at a new URL. Unfortunately my site is currently on hold due to an attack. My husband and I haven't had time to get it back up yet. (Hehe, my husband is the man behind the scenes, too.)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »

Yay, good to see you Peacepine! :D  Good luck getting your site back up...that really sucks. :(

I could send an email inviting all the people who have been in the calendar.  I have a record of emails for everyone who entered for the last two years.  Earlier than that, there are the emails used as the artist credit when the calender is displayed on elfquest.com.  Some of those are probably not valid anymore, but worth a try.

It would probably be better that the email invite comes from me as part of the Calendar project so it doesn't seem like we are spamming anyone.

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.  If you are up for the task, Windrider, I wholely endorse it, and take any responsibility for anyone who is grouchy about being bugged.

Peacepine

• Treewee
  • www.elfeyesonly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »

I can also send an email to my For Elf Eyes Only newsletter group. That will touch quite a few people - I have 140 members.

Peacepine

• Treewee
  • www.elfeyesonly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »

I'm thrilled this site has returned! I always found it to be a fun and welcoming place before. And it's nice to share the little bit of art that I get around to doing. :) I am Vicki and am best known by my elf name Peacepine. I run For Elf Eyes Only, an Elfquest fan site at www.elfeyesonly.com. The site is unfortunately down right now because it got hacked. It will be back, but I'm just too busy to attend to it right now.

One of the things I was struggling with, though, is whether to host people's art. I hadn't found a good Joomla application for hosting art and was wishing EQFanArt hadn't gone away because I thought that was a great place for fans to post their art. Why duplicate what someone else has already done? So I'm very happy to see it back. I'll be happy to direct all my website fans here for sharing art. :)

So a little about me... I've been reading Elfquest since I was eleven years old. I'm now 36. I'm currently a member of River Twine Holt (www.rivertwine.com) (Hi, Whitney) playing the plantshaper Evervale. I've been in a few other holts in the past - Rushwater, Stormrise, and a couple others! Every holt I've been in I've stayed in until it closed, I just realized.

Non-Elfquest stuff - I'm a web designer and project manager, a member of Toastmasters, a kayaker, and I have four crazy cats!

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »

Heya! I've been an ElfQuest fan for a long, long time and I also was a member of the old EQfanart... and EQfanart2... I've dropped out of the EQ fandom for a year or two (never completely stopped drawing though - even last year had an EQ drawing or two) and I draw... lots. I'm also editor-in-chief of Windshaper's Holt (an offline Holt) and involved as an artist in several other Holts.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »

Yes, that's how I got back here! ;) So that worked at least for 1 person. Although I've already seen the beautifully colored mascotte in Jerelyn's DA gallery earlier! Perhaps more people can be found over there, by just typing the search word 'elfquest'.
It's nice to be in such a place again, perhaps I'll get my Elfquest muse back too. I gave the scrolls a try, but that forum is just too friggin' huge for me. Plus real life has been very consuming. I'm very excited to be here now though. :D I'll need to make some new stuff for it!

Foxeye-edit: Added quote so merged post didn't look out of place. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:41:39 PM by Foxeye »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »

Hello, I've found my way back too. :) I was thinking about a nickname, but I didn't want to use an old one and a new one would just confuse people, as I am best known as just myself. ;) So; hi all! Like Mournsong *waves* I've also been "out of Elfquest" so to speak, for a while. I'm hoping this place will inspire me again, just like it's predecessor did for so long.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »

*wags tail and wriggles with glee that so many old friends are returning*

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »

It's really great to see folks finding their way back here!  ;D

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »

Afke! Good to see you here too!

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • Made by Meristide on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

Afke! Good to see you here too!

YOU LIVE!  *glomps Mournsong*  What have you been doing?!
Shade and Sweet Water

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.  If you are up for the task, Windrider, I wholely endorse it, and take any responsibility for anyone who is grouchy about being bugged.
Okay, sent out the email invites.  I apologize if some of you who are already registered here get an email - sometimes it is hard to tell whose email/real name goes with whose forum name!

Surprisingly, out of 50 emails I had from the Calendar Contest, only 11 were invalid.  I expected more since some of those addies were from '02 and '03.  Hopefully we'll get some new members in here to post and talk about elfy art!   ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up