Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Embedding  (Read 6706 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Image Embedding
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:04:25 PM »

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:13:09 PM by Foxeye »

Saree

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Image Embedding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 11:03:40 AM »

Um, can anyone point me to a thread that explains how to embed images into forum posts?  When I click onto Attachments an other options, it leads nowhere.
Thanks!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 01:52:50 PM »

Not sure, there's not much to see in terms of uploading attachments, as far as I see it. But you could embed an image with a link and the img tags, I guess, possibly even one from the gallery here.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 01:38:50 AM »

From the gallery here you can simply go to the picture you want to embed, and then copy the BBC embed code underneath the picture (it looks like [ smg id= number ] ). Paste that in your message in the forum, and it will show as a thumbnail in your post. People can click on it to go to the bigger image, and even check the info that was posted along with it.
For external images please make sure hotlinking is allowed for that server, and personally I would say; only link images that are yours. You can use the [ img ] tags, I think are also shown in the elaborate reply settings (don't use Quick reply, it shows no formatting options).

[Edit] When you click Modify on your post, you can also get there, like I'm doing now. :D The image linking icon is the one underneath the Bold text setting. Hoover over it and it says Insert image. Paste the URL between the img codes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:41:21 AM by Afke »

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:17:09 AM »

Thanks a lot, jaRf and Afke! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up