Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submitting art vs Managing album  (Read 3518 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Submitting art vs Managing album
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »

Part of the site overhaul we're working on involves a major reorganization of the navigation. We're removing some fluff, adding some things, and moving things around in a big way.

One part that has me somewhat stumped is what to do about this "Submitting Art" vs "Managing Albums" option.

Right now if you want to add art, you first visit "My Albums". Many people have found this unintuitive. They are more accustomed to a button that says "submit art", and then they choose the album their art goes to.

Well, I can't change the underlying structure, but I could certainly change "My Albums" to say "Submit Art", and hope that folks realize that they then have to choose their album!  Problem is, when you want to rename or organize or add albums, would you know to click on "Submit Art"?

Maybe a wee compromise and call it "My Art"?

Or should I just have *both* phrases on the site, even though they point to the same darned place?

Or heck, maybe I should just keep it "My Albums", but create a FAQ thread, and put a big ol FAQ button on the gallery front page...

Thoughts?

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: Submitting art vs Managing album
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

Calling it "my art" makes sense if you really want to rename it.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Submitting art vs Managing album
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »

well, I actually like it the way it is... I learned it quickly, but if it has to be changed, I'd vote for "My art" as well... or the combination of "my albums/Submit art"...
Pages: [1]   Go Up