Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Law and Chaos  (Read 4779 times)

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Law and Chaos
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »

For anyone (yeah right ;)) who didn't get ElfPop's Scroll email, immediately go to www.masque-of-the-red-death.com and read Law & Chaos.  In the "Purple Room" up top.  If anyone else has, like me, been dying to see this since the couple of pics that showed up in one of the first Gatherums, go devour it and be amazed! (as much by Wendy's descriptions of artists' motivations as by the art...)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Re: Law and Chaos
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

I was really thrilled to see that too. :D  I've always regretted I didn't buy the Law & Chaos book when it was available.

There's a lot there to digest, so I'm taking it slowly, but one thing that fascinated me was her telling of her own connection to the character Elric. It had echoes of how many of us reacted to Jareth from Labyrinth. 

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:31 AM »

...but one thing that fascinated me was her telling of her own connection to the character Elric. It had echoes of how many of us reacted to Jareth from Labyrinth. 

'kay that's weird, 'cos I had the same thought ;)

What really struck me was this, 'cos it's spot-on as far as my behvaior the past few weeks (years) has been:

Quote from: Wendy Pini
In their monomania, creative people often hurt and alienate those closest to them. Guilt may sting them from time to time, but ultimately the obsessed ones feel justified because they are in the grip of something stronger than themselves, something, they claim, that belongs to the world. Only those with egos stable enough to stand alone can love such self-centered and yet curiously uncentered personalities.

...and does Elric remind anyone else of Rayek? ;)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:21:26 AM »

I did get the book a few years ago, but all I did so far was gawk at the art. ;) Leafing through the online version gave me an error after some pages. Too bad you can't choose a page number to continue from there... I might give it another try later, just to see if there's more pictures.

MatN

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • ElfSong
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:52:32 AM »

I'd love to see "Law & Chaos" back in print because my old copy is in tatters.  I think I flipped through it about a hundred too many times when I was young :)

-Mat N.

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:52:47 PM »

Joyrider1978, Interesting.. as I see bits that reminds me of Rayek, Voll, Scouter, Cutter.. and Jareth ;) and Dune!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »

It is nice to see a piece of Wendy from *before* EQ! I've seen so much of Richard over the years - that I don't think I realized how much about Wendy I was fully unaware of.

I agree about wishing one could choose a page number so we could pick up where we leave off lol.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »

X3 I got my copy signed by Wendy when I went to Anime Expo for the first time it was awesome, I agree about the reprinting it I think that they should the art work is absolutly gorgeous.
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow
Pages: [1]   Go Up