Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
WIP - Elfquest - Crafts and 3D
Album - Owner: Tah-Marien - 6 items
Items view: Normal view Filestack view
Sort by: ID Date Title Views Rating | Sort Order: Ascending Descending
Name Posted Views Comments Rating
True-Edge  WIP April 07, 2014, 11:29:42 AM 1703 4
Everything it took to make this Secret Santa 2013 finished.   Copies and copies and  many experiments; one  after  the other.  In the end I had three good copies and not a wit of imagination left to Pick.   I looked at them for Days.   Finally I just sent all three and let the Art Editor pick.

It was fun.  And I would do it again.
WIP - base - April 07, 2014, 11:38:50 AM 1678
I just could not figure out what to do with all the bases and figurines that came out for the ElfQuest Series One dolls.  Finally decided to 'glue'  all the bases together and then place magnets on the metal spikes to hang jewelry!    (And throw away the dolls.)

This is the back after I have used Magic Sculpt to adhere them (forever) together.  Then I will touch up  the crack with the paint and re due the words for an higher impact from a far.

Clink on the picture to see a  full view of all materials.

. .
WIP - 65mm figurines EQ - ChangeStone April 07, 2014, 11:54:44 AM 1646 4
I have been working for quite some time on a 3.5 inch version of my lady elf.  Actually I started in a bigger format, at, say; a 1/12 scale but just could not keep going for some reason yet to be determined by me.

I really expected it to go faster for a smaller armature;  it did not.  This armature took months and many tries.  And I still think I got it wrong for the generation of my Wolfrider.   I just finished an OQ height chart - which proved I was wrong - since she would be 'between'  a sixth and a tenth in height. Her height determined by wolf blood and Club rules for SweetWater.

Well this is what I do sometimes until the wee hours of the morning.  I will post more as I retake steps to get her right.  Because if the armature is wrong- it is the one thing that cannot be fixed during the sculpt.
Dewshine Pendant WIP November 12, 2014, 03:41:07 PM 4305 1
Still more to do on this lady.  Just wanted to post the progress.  Enjoy.  And feel free to ask any questions - I may not be online very often, but I Will answer when I can.

. .

WIP 65 mm Goldspice  RTH July 31, 2015, 02:14:38 PM 1914 3
  A sculpted "from scratch" piece. It all begins with a wire armature. In the un primer-ed version you can see that it took quite a few different clays to do something so small. And for the sake of easier painting of the face - the bang piece is removable using a "green clay" most commonly used by professionals for 35 mm pieces which is still flexible after curing.
 She is approximately 3 and a half inches tall. The lower right hand corner shows how she would look next to a taller character aka Blacksnake, and shows the painting in progress. For this piece I am using a book on how to paint miniatures for the process. It builds up the colors in watered down layers.
 Blacksnake is a PC from River Twine played by Eregyrn aka Holly H.  I have used a mirrored image of Holly's drawings of her character for an outline and comparison in height for Goldspice.   I filled in the turn around myself for the sculpt just to make it easier for me to "see" in my head.   And with Eregryn's permission I will be posting Blacksnake in my  'sculpt along '  Thread so people can see these little beauties made from scratch.

Note:  As always I took about 300 pictures of this little gal and then my Patrick picked the best ones and made a collage for me.  I am really quite hopeless with the computer.  He does All my trickier stuff.  Meaning: I can barely email with confidence and forget texting or anything else . . .
Update 65mm sculpture December 20, 2016, 10:16:57 AM 131 4
Thought I would share an update since Czarine is getting a similar, only digital, sculpture.

I sorta hit a stall for a bit on Goldspice because I didn't think her feet were the right size.  Since she was baked I had to find a clay that I could add that hardened without cooking to make the feet bigger.  Chose P3 Fomula Brown/Aluminum Putty.  She has one coat of paint using the formula from "How to paint miniatures" building up small washed down layers of color.  Once all the painting is done - and we get some sun here- I will take a picture of her outside for the finished photo.

For ChangeStone I found a flexible bake able clay/putty that solved the problem of doing her long braids.  Now as I finish her I have flex and movement as a bonus that will keep the braids from breaking easily. They both stand about 3 1/2 inches high.

 
Aeva Media 1.4c © noisen / smf-media