Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: c/c for Mirror  (Read 3184 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
c/c for Mirror
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

Sorry it took me so long to do this!  Been out of town several times in the past month, and though I had my tablet with me, I couldn't get myself into the right mental space for critique.

Skyfire

Gorgeous gorgeous green and red-gold and light and smile. Really can't say too much except for some nitpicks in the lower-half of the body.

1) Foot: Afke already mentioned this one. Toe area too large vs slightly too small heel
2) Hip: A leeeetle too big. I'd pull it in a smidgeon
3) Knee area: (I think you would have caught this one yourself in time) knee and calf were too small
4) Leg angle: You'd need some handy-dandy digital transformation for this. If this isn't something you don't do already, lemme know what program you use so I can point to the right tools.  Basically...her leg isn't going to hold her weight too well in that angle. Need to bring the knee down under her a little more, which in turn lowers the bottom leg.

Of course, in that sort of position there are a lot of subtle ways it could go. #3 and #4 are just one suggestion. 

After:

Chitter

1) Tree branch: To help with the sense of her leaning on it, I'd skim some off the top. (I also felt that the reddish color was a little too vivid, and fighting with her own colors a bit. So in the version below it looks browner. Not sure if I really did the right thing, though. )
2) bosom: Move the cleavage over the right a bit, and define how the left breast interacts with the arm a little more. I'd also show a little of her torso under the breasts, to bring it more in line with where her elbows are resting.
3) hips: bring the left outer thigh in and the right inner thigh in. 

After:
Alternatively, I tried it with her leg jutting out:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:26:35 AM by Foxeye »

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: c/c for Mirror
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »

:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you! *hugs* Can't believe I didn't catch some of those things myself -esp. concerning the first picture (Skyfire). My original version looks somewhat weird after seeing your corrections. Looks like she A) has one swollen foot and B) is going to fall over any time soon ;D

Oh, and the color change in the Chitter-pic works fine with me, it makes her stand out more. Anyways, I'll play around with the background, add some foliage, shading and highlights before posting the final pic, but I think I'll stick to your idea.

Again, thank you so much! :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up