Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 220978 times)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:45 PM »

YAY!!!

Windrider (and/or Foxeye), I have a couple of questions.

* First: I know in the past that we've observed a grace period between the debut of the calendar, and when we are allowed to post the artwork in various places (for example, at deviantArt).  Are we now free to do that, or should we wait a bit longer?

* Second: is there any way for us to mark our own calendar image so that it *also* shows up in one of our personal galleries?  Or can we only do that by posting it again ourselves into that gallery?  (That's what I did with previous calendar entries, but I was wondering if there's a better way to do it than posting it twice.)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

* Second: is there any way for us to mark our own calendar image so that it *also* shows up in one of our personal galleries?  Or can we only do that by posting it again ourselves into that gallery?  (That's what I did with previous calendar entries, but I was wondering if there's a better way to do it than posting it twice.)

No way to mark it like you describe, but it should appear under the images in the summary for you as an artist, like so

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »

No way to mark it like you describe, but it should appear under the images in the summary for you as an artist, like so

Hmm, yeah. But I'll have to post it again myself, if I want it to be "collected" in that album, I guess.

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

Yay! Runs off to go lookie
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:28 PM »

Just a note to all the artists...these images are now under your ownership. That means that you can edit them to add something to the description, but please please don't change the images themselves or accidentally delete them. ;)

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »

Once again, with feeling:

THANK YOU to Carol for being Calendar Queen, to Joselle for being Cover Girl (and judge!), to Foxeye for being our Fearless Leader, and to Richard who spoils us and puts up with us even when we whine --- Thanks to all y'all (there's my southernness comin' out) for putting together another fantabulous calendar!!  ;D

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »

What she said. ^^^^  ;D
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2010, 04:58:33 AM »

I..I absolutely missed this! Have to have a look at the calendar gallery!
Thank you Windrider, Foxeye and of course the Pinis for making the art available!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2010, 09:26:28 AM »

Just wanted to ask this again:

* First: I know in the past that we've observed a grace period between the debut of the calendar, and when we are allowed to post the artwork in various places (for example, at deviantArt).  Are we now free to do that, or should we wait a bit longer?

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 11:12:45 AM »

Sorry, Sgaana, I must have missed your question.

Since Richard has sort-of posted the calendar and we've made the gallery open here, yes, you can now post your own artwork where you will.  Usually, we've asked that you "give credit" by linking back to the calendar on elquest.com but since it doesn't have an "official" page yet, I guess you could link back to the list of calendar galleries here for the time being.

I sure hope that Richard gets the calendars back up as part of the site's main content, maybe under "fun stuff."  It is going to get buried if it is just in the gallery how they have it set up there.  Part of the fun and prestige of this fan calendar was precisely that it was included as official content.

For those looking for the printable calendar pages I formatted, Richard has temporarily (I hope), put them here:
http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php?do=/EQ_Art_Gallery/photo/2010-eq-fan-calendar-print-pages2/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:59:55 PM by Windrider »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »

Thanks!

I will definitely link back here, and I will also make a note that a link to the calendar page on EQ.com will go up as soon as we have one...

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »

I sure hope that Richard gets the calendars back up as part of the site's main content, maybe under "fun stuff."  It is going to get buried if it is just in the gallery how they have it set up there.
Not just that. I tried getting the print version of my calendar page (with the grid on it), but I only see a small version -can't even read the poem on that one. Whenever I try clicking view all sizes or download, I get asked to log in and I can't log in. I just want my page. :( Can someone who can get it email it to me?

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »

I've got them, Afke.  I'll email your calendar page to the address you used to send me your entry.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »

Un-sticy-ing this topic to make way for 2011 calendar. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up