Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: River Twine Holt  (Read 80437 times)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: River Twine Holt
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »

*forehead smack*!  No, that's me being a doofus and forgetting to toggle both of them!   :-[  Thanks for poking me about it; how annoying...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:57:52 PM by Eregyrn »

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 04:06:10 AM »

Damn... Honey just happens to be my favorite character in the River Twine. (Yes, I lurk on your website...) Personally I'd love to adopt her, but aside from having a writers block, job applications and homework just has to be my main source of attention these days.  :(
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:26 AM »

That's understandable, Startear.  Her last owner left because she was just starting a ph.d. program and realized she wouldn't have any free time for ANYthing for the foreseeable future.  It's  a pain when real life gets in the way... but it really, really does sometimes.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »

10/25/11: updates!

Honey has been adopted!  Congratulations to Icebird! :D

See most recent post for updates on available characters.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:54:07 PM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »

12/28/11:

RTH recently unveiled the art for its 2012 calendar.  If you'd like to see it, it's been posted here.  

We'll be having a page put up soon that will offer downloads of printable copies, or desktop wallpaper versions of various sizes.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »

Oh, what a joy to look at that calendar! You surely have a lot of talented artists in your holt. Thanks for posting this link! You have all done a beautiful job.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »

Still lurking on your site in a sneaky way. 8)

The other day I noticed that Dreamflight has become non-adoptable. Out of curiosity's sake, how come? (If I'm being too nosy, just say so. :) )
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Windschatten

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

Characters become Non-adoptable when a player left for a while so they first can be offered to the Reader-only members. After some time's passed they are available for the public to be adopted. ;)

So to say to give Reader Members who probably joined as such while all characters were taken to call dips first ^^

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »

4/02/12: updates!

Dreamflight has been adopted!  Congratulations to Sandi! :D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:13:15 AM by Eregyrn »

Tynami

• Zwoot
  • Nutty SeaElf
    • View Profile
    • Kat's Legends Dollhouse
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »

I'd love to be able to join up here, but life is so hectic I just wouldn't be able to. I do love the site though when I can see it.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »

4/02/12: updates!

Dreamflight has been adopted!  Congratulations to Sandi! :D

Now, however, we have another character available for adoption:

Starskimmer

One of the tribe's elders, Starskimmer is a mother of three (by three different fathers, one outside of Recognition), a brewer, a midwife and herbal-healer, more a lover than a fighter -- the tribe's most dedicated good-time girl.  (When her third child, Otter, was born, the joke was that literally any male in the tribe except her son Notch could have been his father.  Now that he is grown up, the tribe has reached a consensus about who his father really is, though.)  She has a generous, cheerful, and flirtatious nature, and tends to be on good terms with just about everyone.

She is also currently the tribe's only rockshaper.  Though not as powerful as some of her predecessors, she can use her rockshaping in a variety of clever ways, and with enough time and effort can achieve valuable results.  Right at the moment, the tribe is going through a crisis storyline in which Starskimmer's powers play a supportive role.

Her full Information Sheet can be seen here, including all stories and art related to the character.

If she interests you, visit our Joining page for more details on how to apply! 

Finally, if the group appeals to you but the currently-available adoptable doesn't at the moment, there is always Reader Membership, which gives you more access to the group and puts you on a list for alerts when characters become adoptable in the future.  See our Joining page for more info.

I love a slutty elf! ;D If only I could have two characters.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »

Well, that is definitely an advantage of the way RTH works -- while the character's owner gets to call the shots for the character and approve what gets done with them, everybody in the group is really encouraged to do stuff with each other's characters, and a lot actually does get done that way.  So you can definitely play with characters you don't own -- do art and stories about them.  People tend to be very welcoming of it, so long as the owner's wishes are respected.  And people tend to be pretty supportive; approvals don't tend to be hard to get.

Starskimmer is definitely a fun character. :)  She has a built-in connection to most folks in the tribe, AND she's in charge of the booze!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

Yes, Starskimmer is one of my favorites. Now, I still have to think about whenether I can adopt an elf eventhough I don't have a job and failed my exam this winter, but so very tempting.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »

I'm sorry you don't have the time, Startear. :(  But that's definitely a good question to be asking yourself about stuff like this.  Hopefully when you do have time in the future, a character you like will become available.  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:25:52 AM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

9/27/12: updates!

Linn switched from Starskimmer to Rill, and Kyna rejoined the group with Starskimmer!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:38:55 AM by Eregyrn »

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »

Aw and he's so cute, how could anyone put him up for adoption. I'll say again, it is too bad you can't have more than one character at RTH.  ;D

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 05:27:27 AM »

I'll say again, it is too bad you can't have more than one character at RTH.  ;D

I totally agree. I have always been interested in Goldspice (though simply because I like her style) but cannot and will not give up Rainpace. But still, Goldspice has lots of potential...

On the other hand, I doubt I would have the energy to play more than one.  ;)

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »

Wow !  !  .  .  . there are some interesting Characters here for adoption.  Both Goldspice and Starskimmer seem  fully  developed  and  fun. 

Computer skills seem to be very important and usually have stopped me from Tech-Holt  ing.  I lack the skill  and  patience to deal well with technology.  Just think of me as the  'Gibbs'  of  EQ Elf Fandom.  (NCEQ?)  I want to play, but would have to have everything explained twice or thrice.

Thank you for the many links to your Page @ River Twine. I plan on reading everything ! ! 

OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »

Awe, I was wondering who took up Rainpace when I left (I'm Gina Simpson/Schroeder). Wish I had more time right about now. Darn you River Twine with your consistent awesomeness.

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 03:38:32 AM »

Awe, I was wondering who took up Rainpace when I left (I'm Gina Simpson/Schroeder). Wish I had more time right about now. Darn you River Twine with your consistent awesomeness.
I did!!!  :)   
Hi Gina, always enjoyed your art at RTH.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »

Aw, Gina -- it's good to see you around!  We miss you!  :-*

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

01/10/13: Some much-needed updates:

Congratulations to Tah-marien, who adopted Goldspice!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:32:20 PM by Eregyrn »

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »

Hey guys i just think i thought  up a horrible but neat story about poor GreenWeave.  Which I am thinking about adopting...still thinking...  sigh I do not know about the commitment.  He looks like a neat elf and her sounds a lot like one of my other elves that I made for Kay Holt (another part that was SweetWater) May be I will just write it and send it to your council of five and see what they think.  Read the rules that's why i do not know if I what to be a play member.  Sigh..he is cute so is his lifemate:)  lol
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »

02/19/13: congratulations to Ca-Twin, who adopted Greenweave!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:18:46 PM by Eregyrn »

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

I really wish you could have more than one character, I would love to adopt Pathmark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up