Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: c/c for wildfire  (Read 5265 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
c/c for wildfire
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »

I think the basic problem you are dealing with in the legs is that they are a little too small. 

[img width=496 height=600 alt=]http://www.elfquestfanart.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=1106[/img]

1) Her left hips is pretty close, but I added more substance to her lower left leg. The right leg is the area that needed the biggest change...the overall silhouette is good, but I made her thigh much bigger.

2) Head's a little too big ^_^ Two circles show top of the head before and after resize

3) Just a nitpick on the outfit, since a lot of folks get this wrong. The sash she wears completely encloses her breast. It squashes it against her body so that it's out of the way of her bow (someone later pointed out to me that I chose the wrong breast *sigh* they were right, but it's too late to change it now)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: c/c for wildfire
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »

Hah, it's my most daring picture EVER xD

Sigh.. The head is always too big. I really need to get a grasp on the proportions...
About the outfit, that's too bad. Sort of a mistake that stays with you xD it's awesome though :D
Thanks for the C/c:D

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »

Hmm.. Are you sure it's not the correct breast? In Wolfrider she's shown as right-handed (bow in left hand) and the Amazons would cauterize their right breast in order to avoid it getting in the way. When I make an archery pose, I can't see what the purpose of squashing the left breast would be. You're twisting your body so that the left breast is clear anyway. ???

Meh.. I'm not an expert, I was just a bit puzzled.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »

Well, I'm no expert either. But someone commented on my picture that  if you are using your right hand to pull the string (as I did in archery in high school), it's actually the left breast that is at risk for getting hit by the string.

Course, it looks like a woman can also just pull up to the breast and no further, but I imagine it depends on the size of the bow: http://lunombrulino.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/archer-bains.jpg 

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »

... Now I really wish I had a bow so I could figure this out xD Ah well, it's all good anyway.

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »

Having done a lil' bit of archery, this question confuses me too, as I've never had a breast clipped while shooting.. though the idea makes me cringe a bit  :-\

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »

I wonder why the myth about the amazons exists then (my understanding is that they just bound their breasts)...I wonder if bows of that time would be pulled back to the middle of the chest?

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »

No I've heard the same thing (both binding and, gulp, burning); I'm sure the stories come from somwhere, just in my measly lil' semester of archery, with my lil' 5lb baby-bow, I never had a problem.  Wonder if more of a problem would arise if you were riding...  Ah well.  It is a mystery!

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »

Well, I'm chesty and right-handed, and my right breast has definitely been 'twanged' after a string release. I guess it depends upon your stance (and endowments). :D
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:25 AM »

After 1 1/2 years I also saw this discussion. I think I was the meanie pointing our the the other breast should be covered. I think the picture you linked is actually a left-handed person. As a right-handed person you usually hold the bow in your left hand and you pull the arrow back with your right hand. This leaved the left breast exposed to the movement of the bow string. But of course, it all depends on how much you pull the string back.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:22:58 AM »

Since this thread, someone who was a bow hunter told me that it may depend on how advanced the archer is.

Newer archers find it easiest to pull with their bow-hand out to their side and their string hand to their breastbone, so the left breast (for a right handed person) would be more at risk. But as they get more experienced, they can hold their bow hand more in front of them, which would then put the right breast at risk!

So I'm safe.  :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:33:34 AM by Foxeye »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

Wow, that is actually perfect, considering who her father is!
Archery never ceases to amaze me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up