Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 591569 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »

My computer display broke...The computer itself is thankfully alright (which is awesome since I'm a moron and hasn't taken any copies of my harddrive for a month or so) so I still have the WIP of Scouter. I'm afraid that I'll have to give up Haken though. At least for the time being.

I WILL finish Scouter though, he's almost done. I'll borrow my parents computer or somesuch for that.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »

If 2013 is ready only a week or so into 2012, then I have no argument with holding back visibility of those pieces, but I don't think we should wait too much longer after that to share all the art.

In related news, Richard has given his blessing for this to be a fan-published project. :woohoo

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »

Yay!

Yeah, I have no problem holding back the art for the subsequent calendars if it's for a short-ish time.  For example, if you guys want to extend the final deadline for art for the 2014 one to end of Feb, and hold back other art that will go into it until all the art for 2014 is ready, I could see doing that.

It's just that my gut reaction is that part of what's so super-impressive about this whole undertaking is the massive amount of art prepared for it, and I'm really quite looking forward to being able to bask in that BIG gallery. :)

(Not that 53 pieces or whatever number will be in just the 2012 set won't be pretty darned impressive on its own.)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »

Yep, Foxeye has it right.  You guys misinterpreted the time table.  Originally the whole mess of two and three years worth of calendar was all supposed to come out on Jan 1st, 2012.  Due to Real Life pressures, I won't be able to do that.

So what I want to do:

2012 comes out early, as soon as we can, maybe somewhere around Dec 10-15, 2011.  We make those entries public.

2013 comes out around early January, 2012.  We make those entries public.

2014 comes out around mid/late January, 2012.  We make those entries public.

Of course, we'd have all three calendars for sale throughout 2012, but maybe drop 2012 in Jan 2013, and drop 2013 in Jan of 2014.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

Oh yeah, and this means that artists who submit late art can still be included, they just might not make it into 2012.

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 29, 2011, 10:33:53 AM »

I think that sounds perfect! (And takes some of the pressure off of the ones doing the formatting) :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #431 on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »

I like those conditions. :) I'd say go for it!

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »

*agrees with Joselle and Afke*

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »

*thumbs up*!  That sounds like a good way to do it, and it makes a lot of sense to take pressure off you guys doing the layout.

It will also be kind of fun to stagger the reveals that way -- it won't make us wait horribly long, but will build a sense of anticipation towards the later sets.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

I agree with the above few posts! ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 29, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »

No problems with this plan! ;D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »

agree agree! going to see if i can beat this last movement image into submission today and tomorrow!

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »

Luv luv luv it~

I'm so glad we can see the art w/out waiting years!

I just sent in LongFin and am finishing fixing up Dodia.  It's taking me a lot longer than I expected.  Oh well...And I'm halfway through sketching out Tyleet!

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »

Sounds great!  Also, staggering the releases of the art a little will make it less overwhelming for everyone involved ... each piece of art will get more individual attention if it's released in a group of 50 than if it's released in a group of 150, because really- if you've got that huge of a gallery to look through, how many people really stop and admire every single piece?

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »

Glad everyone likes this idea.  This takes the pressure off a little.  I'm already starting to organize the art into groups by year.  This is leading to some funny lists like this:

Each of the three calendar should have:

2-3 Gliders
7 Go-Backs (1 Kahvi in each)
6 Wavedancers
2 Trolls
3 Humans
3 High Ones

There is a similar list going with how many "Joselles" and "Mirrors" etc. each calendar should have.  Getting this to mesh with the tribe list, plus not having more than one of each character in each calendar (except when the character has been drawn more than three times) - well, this is like a game of Tetris!   :lol

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2011, 09:57:57 PM »

I am So FREAKING excited!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »

Getting this to mesh with the tribe list, plus not having more than one of each character in each calendar (except when the character has been drawn more than three times) - well, this is like a game of Tetris

While I truly don't envy you for having to format this art mountain, that is one game of Tetris I would like to play!
Gosh, I am getting all giddy when thinking about that we'll actually get to see the first batch of art next month!

celticgriffin

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:29 AM »

I'm excited to see there have been so many entries that we'll get to see 3 Calendars.  This was a really fun project, and I agree with an earlier post that I don't know why I didn't sign up to do calendars in years past!

I've finished the last two of my entries (Lehrigen and Madcoil-era Bearclaw), and I'd also be willing to help out with more if more art is needed for the third calendar.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »

:bounce  Dodia is sent in!  I'm super excited!  I'm still working on Tyleet.  Every position I've tried just isn't working for me XD 

The thought of 150 new pieces of artwork on this site is mind blowing, but oh so exciting!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »

Okay, artists, the "official" deadline for the 2012 calendar has passed.  It is going to take some time to get the flood of art now in my inbox sorted and loaded, so if you sent something, it might take a day or so for a confirmation.  I didn't get much done yesterday since about the time I was going to sit down to work on the calendar, So Cal was experiencing a massive wind storm that knocked out power in my area for quite a while - and had flickering power even after that.

Don't despair if you didn't finish by the deadline.  I am coming up with a new schedule for 2013 and 2014.  This is what I am thinking, but I need to talk it over a little with Foxeye:

2012:  Art deadline Dec. 1, publish around Dec. 15-20
2013:  Art deadline Dec. 10, publish around Jan. 1-7
2014:  Art deadline Dec. 20, publish around Jan 15

I will post when I have a confirmation on these dates and add them to the Guidelines on the first page.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »

Man, I just saw some of the art! :D Might have been a glitch. Saw some just fleetingly, and some really well. Branchscamper, I saw Dodia, she was amazing! So was your Bearclaw, Eregyrn.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »

Quote from: Startear
Man, I just saw some of the art!  Might have been a glitch. Saw some just fleetingly, and some really well. Branchscamper, I saw Dodia, she was amazing! So was your Bearclaw, Eregyrn.

It was visible for about 20 seconds, so you and Dyara are FAST.  :lol

I renamed the calendar album for Windrider and the gallery software assumed that renaming it meant I wanted to make it visible to "Regular Members".  :banghead St00pid software.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »

I'm James Bond. It is my job to be fast, when I'm there.  ;)
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »

Lol @ Startear.
 when do we get to see it? End of this month?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 01, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »

8) *sigh* If it only ended one second later... I missed Mirror's Mender. But, can't complain.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Up