Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mature Art Access and Albums  (Read 20475 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Mature Art Access and Albums
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »

Submitting Mature artwork - The Mature Album

Mature artwork is no longer specified on a per-image basis, instead it must be sorted into Mature Albums.

To create a Mature Album, you need to adjust the viewer access like it shows in the picture below. ONLY Global Moderators and MatureArtAccess should have Read access

Viewing Mature Artwork - The Mature Membergroup

To view artwork in mature albums, you need to be a member of the MatureArtAccess group. You can join and leave this group at your whim. To do so, go to Profile -> Actions -> Group Membership, like in the picture below. Click the "Join Group" next to the group you wish to join.

After you do that, RESET your primary membergroup to Registered User (unless you are a Mod or Admin), or else weeeeird things could happen with your permissions otherwise.

Voila!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Mature Art Access and Albums
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »

I must say that I don't get it... when I try creating a mature album, it only shows me two options to who I can show it to... I get only guests and regular members...... so I must be doing something wrong here... and this is a bit off topic, but are the rules for mature art going to change or are they the same?...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »

Meep, for real? I didn't realize that wasn't available to non-admins...let me investigate... Fixed

I'll let the new mods answer your other question
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:36:07 AM by Foxeye »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »

Okay, I think I get both how to create a Mature album, and how to edit my profile so I can view other mature albums and their contents.

The only other question I have is... is it not possible for us to edit existing art in our galleries? Is that because of the import of all that art into this 3.0 site?  I don't see an edit button for any of my existing art.

So if I had a piece of art that used to be marked "Mature", and isn't any longer, and I wanted to move it to a Mature album... it looks to me like I'd have to delete the old piece, and re-upload it.  Unless it's possible to edit the art to change the album it's in?  But either way -- even to delete it -- I'd have to be able to edit it, and I can't see how to do that.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:42 PM »

That's definitely not how it should work...sounds like a bug. Let me investigate.

Edit: Bother, not seeing the problem with "BillTheTester". Eregyrn, could you take a screenshot and email it to me (jerelyn at junglefire dot com)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:38:16 PM by Foxeye »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »

Oh!  NOW I see how to do it.  I swear, the "Report - Edit - Delete - Move - Unapprove" choices weren't there before (when I was trying to figure out how to edit my Silentleaf portrait to make that the icon of of an album, which I'd remembered in the old system you could do from the edit page).

But those choices are definitely now showing up for individual art pieces.  Plus, at the gallery level, I'm seeing the checkboxes, with the drop-down menu at the very bottom that allows you to move and delete from that page.

Weird.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »

FWIW, I know that silly bug with moving images is still there. :/  I had hope it would be fixed when my hacks were taken out and the latest version of the software was installed, but...alas, it's not to be. I'll try one more check to see if it's obvious to me what their mistake was.  (FWIW, if you move images from the album level, you get more choices of where you can move your image to, including your own albums.)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »

Yeah, I did notice when I moved a piece that I had a choice to move it into many other people's albums, although, only a selection of other members, not ALL other members.  I didn't try to test it, though, so I don't know if it would have actually let me go through with it?  My moving an imagine from one of my albums to another of my albums did work.

Bittersilk

• Treewee
  • I'm new
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »

Hello, I just recently became aware that there is an option to label a picture as 'mature' but I've allready uploaded the pictures, I'm not sure if they go under mature really, but is there a way to change it once uploaded? can't seem to find it. do I write it in the 'keywords' ? and is there anyway where to see exactly what is considered mature, I believe there must be, but can't find it... Do I have to delete my pics and upload them again in a 'mature album'
BitterSilk

Bittersilk

• Treewee
  • I'm new
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »

scratch that comment. Found it :-) it says 'bare breasts in a nonsexual situation is OK' (that's probably as far as I'll take it anyway :-D
BitterSilk

spiniton85

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 07:58:47 AM »

Hi,
Quick question here - are the groups supposed to be accessible independently, like you can click on "adultswim" or "mature art" and they are visible as separate groups? Or does being a member of those groups mean that the artwork from those groups are just visible within the main gallery?

Getting used to navigating this page and having a hard time figuring that out. Thanks!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 02:42:50 AM »

I'm not sure I quite understand your question...
But one can't really search by access options. People put their own tags under their work, and it's usually by subject (like troll or Skywise or a holtname). The gallery is divided into personal folders. But if one searches for Skywise for example, then all pictures that are tagged Skywise will show up, no matter in which folder they are placed. If pictures are labelled as mature content (I think this can only be done by folder not by picture, but I'm not sure; hopefully someone else can answer that), then one will only see them show up if one has mature access.
I hope that answers your question. If not, then please elaborate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up