Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 90881 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2020, 04:54:52 AM »

(Laluna's dice roll results!)

Laluna falls asleep well enough but her dream is twisted into a nightmare... She sees evil bubbling in the mountain, something boiling and that is rotten and evil, human hands worshiping it as it was a god. it accepts their sacrifices with a twisted glee, eating and ripping up sacrificial flesh but never satisfied... the evil grows and like roots of a tree it spreads farther underground, Laluna sees the roots slowly make their way to their tower, touching it... Laluna bolts awake, feeling strange horror for a moment, it fades but the memories of the nightmare persist...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »

Moondrop takes out her knife and starts chipping and scratching at the crack in the floor, hoping to find the source of the smell.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2020, 12:05:51 AM »

As Moondrop makes the crack in the floor wider, the scent of the forest gets stronger, there is a clear mossy scent too, as Moondrop finally chips a bigger piece off, she can see green and light... but then something moves on the other size of the hole! there IS something under the floor!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2020, 09:31:29 AM »

(Just an Heads up! I have to take a break for a couple of days as I go into a different town and I go through some test in a hospital so the doctors can find a best way to do a surgery... nothing life threatening, don't worry! I'll be back someday during the weekend)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »

(I'm back! let the game continue!)

Czarine

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »

Laluna sleeps restlessly and wakes up with a gasp. She sits up and looks around startled, but calms a bit when she sees that there aren't any malicious roots there to strangle them.

She rubs her face, tired. She hasn't had much sleep since she arrived at the tower, but the terrifying images of the mountain and the evil there keep lingering in Laluna's mind.

She turns her head when she hears a scratching sound, afraid of seeing the roots crawl in their den. She squints when she sees that the sound is coming from Moondrop.

"What are you doing?" she asks half frustrated from lack of sleep, half curious. She knows the nightmare isn't Moondrop's fault, but the sound gets on her nerves after such horrid visions.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2020, 04:10:01 PM »

"Quiet!" Moondrop snaps in sending. She hastily covers the crack with her body while trying to push the debris from her digging back into the crack.

Her send to Wander is half question, half accusation. "What is below us?!"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »

Wander Gets scared awake by Moondrop's sending, he sends back...

"what... what do you mean?... I sometimes feel something move... I'm not sure if there are animals or something else... I also sense roots... but... nothing more... why do you ask?..."

Wander looks at Laluna and Moondrop with a puzzled look...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2020, 12:28:11 PM »

"Roots?!" Moondrop sends back at Wander angrily.

She turns and sends to Laluna, "There is something moving beneath us." She gestures to the crack she's covering. "There's a forest, and light, and something down there!"

She stands and glares at Wander. "Either you are not as good at listening like you said, or you are lying to us."

She takes a step toward the exit, no longer trusting the warmth of this shelter. Maybe the talk of monsters and nightmares has her too unsettled, but right now she would rather take her chances with the weather than be trapped here, waiting for whatever's under the floor to reveal itself. She pauses, waiting on Wander's reply.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2020, 01:19:40 PM »

Laluna is alerted by Moondrop's hasty sending. She rubs the sleep off her eyes and quietly goes over where Moondrop was scratching the floor.

"Roots?!" she gasps when she hears the words.

"I don't like this. I-- I just had a nightmare about something evil living in the mountain. It was headed here, crawling like... roots." she whispers in a quiet and alarmed voice, recounting the events of her dream.

Laluna feels worried when she sees Moondrop's trust in Wander falter. Laluna doesn't like the idea that there's something below, especially after such a dream, but she can't believe that Wander would be willing to harm them in any way.

"Wander isn't in good health... it's not strange that something like this would go unnoticed by him in his state." she whispers in his defense, trying to find reason in the situation.

"At any rate, I fear we must find out what it is that's below us... before it finds us."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2020, 04:30:48 PM »

Wander seems surprised by Moondrop's accusing sending and sends back...

"I... I honestly don't know what you want me to say... yes... roots... is that a... bad thing? roots are everywhere underground, no matter where we are... I do not understand this anger aimed at me... if.. if I have failed you somehow... I'm sorry..."

Wander seems saddened...

"... I... am sorry I am of no use to anyone... I never... meant no harm..."

after his sending he falls quiet... and slowly wraps himself better in his clothes... Wander whispers...

"Maybe... it was best that you all just left... after the storm... you... have better chances among yourselves... than with one like me... slowing you down..."

He tries to hide it by pretending he is tiredly rubbing his face, but it is clear that he silently cries... as he feels his pretending failing, Wander turns sideways and hides himself in his clothes, it is obvious he is emotionally sensitive... it takes a moment for him to come to... Wander catches his breath and says more angrily...

"... Go... all of you.... I rather be the one who abandons others than the other way around this time... you may sleep upstairs... but after that... GO!.. leave me rot in peace!!.."

His words hissed at the end...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:03:02 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2020, 06:41:44 PM »

Moondrop gets even more agitated when she hears about Laluna's nightmare. Is there some connection between the roots Wander senses and the evil roots of the dream?

She begins to calm down listening to Laluna, her mind turning between the danger of the storm and the danger that might be below.

However, all calm leaves her as Wander speaks, her patience with the situation quickly running out. "Oh, I can sleep upstairs? Then I have to go?" She stares Wander in the eye. "And what if I don't? What will you do?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »

Wander stares and Moondrop coldly...

"Well you made it VERY clear you never wanted to be here! So go! find whatever hole you would prefer more!!..."

It is clear that Wander could physically not do anything to Moondrop, but with his powers, maybe... but then again, it is very clear that he would not do anything to them even if they lingered at his tower, he does not have the will to hurt anyone... Wander looks at Moondrop very angrily, but slowly his anger fades, he looks sad... he almost whispers his words...

"I'm... I'm sorry... I... I got too heated up... I... I... ... please... stay... I do not want you to go..."

He sadly looks Moondrop in the eyes, and is getting misty eyed again...

"I'm sorry... I just... heard too many times... of how useless I was... from my tribe..... I should not have taken it out on you... ... will you... forgive me?..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2020, 02:04:57 AM »

Laluna is utterly surprised by Wander's sudden outburst. She wonders if he has been alone for too long since his emotions overflow so easily. She herself feels agitated for the heated discussion but tries to stay calm.

"Friends, we're all tired, and I'm scared of what might be below us... Let's try to get along, at least until we can be sure there's no threat below." she speaks, trying to calm them both and herself. She's relieved to see that even if Wander's temper flames quickly, he seems to calm down pretty quickly too.

Laluna glances at Moondrop, waiting to see if she'll accept Wander's apology. Laluna fears Moondrop's trust in Wander has suffered because of the argument.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2020, 03:14:26 PM »

Moondrop nods, both in answer to Wander's question and Laluna's calming words.

She paces a few steps, arms wrapped tight around herself. "I'm sorry. It's just so strange here."

She halts near the crack in the floor. "So, what should we do?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »

Wander looks at the crack in the floor and asks...

"So you saw something there?... I still wonder if we should open the floor a tiny bit... or... if it would be a terrible mistake to do so..."

Wander seems a bit exhausted again after his outburst but is too alarmed by everything to sleep, suddenly Stormsong peeks from the trapdoor and sends to them...

"friends! something move outside! it climb on top of place! Stormsong very alarmed!..."

Wander looks at them, worried by the fact that there might be danger below them and above them at the same time...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2020, 03:47:29 PM »

Finding the idea of a threat out in the open much easier to deal with than one buried in the ground, Moondrop bounds up the stairs to see who is there.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »

Waken from the whispering words from Laluna  Antaka gets up. Puzzled from the following outburst, she stays quiet and puts her clothes back on. If they need to flee or are not welcome anymore she would like to be ready. After Stormsongs warning she is undecided. Should she follow Moondrop outside to meet or kill the male foxhunter, or will she stay to protect Wander and Laluna, if anything evil will come through the floor.
Is Wander to be trusted? What was that hissing sound he made in anger? Was that hissing also in her dream as she was killing and eating in a hunger? She can't remember. If there is a forest under them, Wander must have sensed that, didn't he? That can't be missed! It's the second time he wants to open the floor. He seemed eager to get his end! If not roots are there, Trolls will be.
She was scared that Laluna would be in danger, for now it seemed unsure if Wander is evil or not. She stays, alarmed, taking a closer look at the crack from where she stands.

Something in her dream came back in her head, it was the bloody snow. The snow would not be bloody if they get killed down here below. She lock sends to Laluna.
"I dreamed of bloody snow and I'm scared Moondrop could be hurt outside. I need your help as a healer."
It was leaving the maybe untrustworthy Wander behind and survive as a pack. She don't want to lose anyone to the monster, but as Wander said now and before, leave me behind if you have to flee.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2020, 10:25:13 PM »

Moondrop runs upstairs and Stormsong looks at the ceiling, he is sure something is on top of the tower, he is alarmed and ready... blizzard still howls outside...

----

Antaka sees dim light and green color from the crack in the floor and her desert surviving nose also smells fresh water emanating from it... there truly is something down there, something that feels of life, like an oasis... But fearing for a pack mate, Antaka also rushes to the room above and Stormsong looks at her...

"We pack! we strong together! We look what outside! Stormsong not like outsider in out territory!..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 12:21:17 AM »

Laluna jumps when Stormsong peeks so suddenly down from the hatch again! She's puzzled to hear that there might be a threat on top of them this time!

She hesitates to follow Moondrop, but her attention turns to Antaka's lock sending. She looks worried when she hears that Antaka too has had a strange dream. Laluna tries to keep herself calm.

"I will be ready." she reassures Antaka with a nod and follows her upstairs.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 05:58:40 AM »

Antaka feels good in having Laluna by her side to get to Moondrop. On one side she might be just out of harms way. Or get right into it while fighting? On the other side Antaka is used in thinking as a group, a pack. And for the both of them they are not from here and she isn't also. The three of them must stick together. Wander might have been down there for a very long time. He might be the monster - but the two female elves are not. Stormsong can be the monster too, but she doubt it. For he can kill them in no time and haven't done so far. He don't feel vicious to her.
She shakes her head violently to get the thoughts out of her mind. No one was a monster here. And if, she was, because in her dream was no root and she was eating and killing like mad, seeing from above - like the monster in the heartshaped cave.

(For any kind of fight outside: dice 5 -man, this Random.org dice roller really likes me  ;D)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2020, 03:41:58 PM »

Moondrop slows only long enough to pick her little sun-stone up off the floor and stow it in her cloak, then runs out to where she saw the ladder to the roof before.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »

They arrive outside in the wind and snow that feels like it cuts their flesh in its sharpness, wind howls everywhere around them and it's so hard to see... they arrive at the ladder outside that takes them to the top of the tower, but before they get to climb Stormsong's mighty howl alarms them and he stares on top of the tower, there is someone standing there, looking at them, a rather thin and tall person... he shouts to them with a male voice...

"Oh! it seems I alarmed your great beast! It was not my intention!..."

The person jumps down the tower near them, he is clearly taller than them... he is covered in furs and clothes...

"I apologize! I meant no to bother your night! I am Toad... sir Toad to some..."

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:59:20 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2020, 04:07:36 PM »

Moondrop freezes in shock. Here they are, stuck in a frozen wasteland in the middle of raging blizzard, and new faces keep popping out of nowhere!

Her stunned mind finally starts working. "How did you get here?!"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2020, 08:48:28 PM »

With the most flamboyant bow Toad tells them.

"well, dear Swift. I was keeping an eye on a human settlement at the root of the mountain, they are a peculiar bunch, worshiping the mountain itself by sacrificing animals and their own folk to it, t'was bizarre..."

Suddenly a strange raging grunting echoes In the blizzard! Toad says.

"Oh dung! It seems it followed me here! Ladies, if you do not wish to fight, head back inside in a hasty manner!.."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:56:46 PM by Berit »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up