Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Project "Recover Fanart Calendar Submissions"  (Read 21663 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Project "Recover Fanart Calendar Submissions"
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:58:27 PM »

As you probably have noticed, Windrider has graciously been uploading the old fanart calendar submissions (though at only 1024 pixels wide...gallery can't stomach bigger than that, alas). She'll be able to upload through 2007. With any luck we can track down Dartfan to get us 2006, and Mirr has said she has pictures from older years. So we may not be able to recover them all, but we'll make a brave showing. :)

One thing I am doing, as they are uploaded, is hacking the database to change the "uploaded by" to the actual artist, when that artist is available as a member. This should:

1) allow you to edit the description of your piece, if you want to give more background on it
2) cause the picture to appear in your gallery profile list

The members that I have assigned pictures to so far are:

Foxeye
Kitt
RVardys
branchscamper
Elftanner
Christina Raibert
joselle

Please post here and let me know if there is a picture in the fan art calendar gallery that is yours that is stilll showing as "posted by Windrider".

And please let me know if you can't edit your pictures in the gallery. I tested it out with the all-powerful "bob" (that's my alter ego...respect the bob), and it works, but you never know...

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
Re: Project "Recover Fanart Calendar Submissions"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »

Fantastic!  Big kudos for you, Windrider, Mirr, and everyone else who's making this possible!
email me at farscout@rivertwine.com

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »

Will the earlier calender-submissions be posted as well? If so, the "Dewshine Monroe" from 2006 is mine.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »

Good to know :) And yes,they will be posted sooner or later.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »

Whoo Hoo!  Someone found 2005!  Mirr?

I've found the 2007 submissions, but for some reason I don't have just the plain art submissions.  I only have the 1024px wallpaper which has the Warp copyright blurb (albeit really small) and the "Home and Family" Calendar titles.  It doesn't detract too much - should I go ahead and upload?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »

I have no objections, as long as you don't think Richard minds.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »

Okay, I got what I had of 2007 uploaded.  Not all the submissions are there, since in those days we were still using EQFanArt as a submission gallery and I only downloaded to my computer the art that was actually chosen for the calendar.  That is too bad because I remember that was a record year for number of submissions.   :-[

If you have one of the "lost" submissions, please let Foxeye or myself know (I don't think just anyone can upload to that gallery).

Also, another issue is that I only had the "wallpaper" version of the 2007 calendar art.  If you have an unformatted version of your entry, please let Foxeye know.  She can hack the database and substitute your version for what I have up there.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:39:19 AM »

Rawr, dueling calendar-uploads there.  Thanks for 2007 Windrider. ;D  If you haven't already I'll post on the official forums asking for people to email one of us anything that wasn't used.

Also, another issue is that I only had the "wallpaper" version of the 2007 calendar art.  If you have an unformatted version of your entry, please let Foxeye know.  She can hack the database and substitute your version for what I have up there.

As much as I get a kick out of being a databaseshaper, FYI, you should be able to edit a picture and upload a new version.  I'm *pretty* sure that's not an admin-only power.

But yes, only Windrider and I can edit/upload to the calendar galleries, so you'll need to send new/changed files to one of us. 

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »

Hi!  I'm here now. :D The two pieces in 2008 and 2009 credited to "Holly" ("Moment of Courage" and "Remembrance Unites...") can be listed as "posted by" me.  :)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »

Thanks sgaana :)

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 04:31:32 AM »

I found some 2006 entries too, but I'm not sure it is all of them, as one is labelled "entry 2 by X", and I could just find one entry by the artist in question, hmm. So unless they just meant it was file/version two for that entry..

Oh and, for 2007, I have 27 files/images, so I shall email those to Foxeye asap as well :)

dartfan

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »

Greetings EQ Fans... it is I, Dartfan...

I have the full set of full sized calendar images from 2006 (since I was Lord O' Calendar Construction that year).  If Foxeye trusts me enough to upload the calendar images, I'm happy to do it myself, once I've resized them all anyway (because they're a scary 26MB at present).

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

Yay for Dartfan!  Welcome back!  You can always send them to me for uploading - you've got my email.

Mirr, how did you get all the 2007 submissions?  Unformatted?  I think someone was doing mass downloads from the old site as it was tanking.  Sneaky, but I'm glad you did.  Those will work better than what I put up there.

One correction:  Now that Mirror has joined, her 2009 entry of Kaslen should be put in her name.

dartfan

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »

Yay for Dartfan!  Welcome back!  You can always send them to me for uploading - you've got my email.

Okay, give me a little while and then go check your email...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »

I have all of the 2007 from Mirr, so I'll get the un-used ones up, and see if I can swap the formatted with unformatted. *happy dance*

I did get 2006 from her as well, but I suspect Dartfan may have more complete information, so we'll do those. I can give you access to upload Dartfan, if you haven't already emailed them off to Windrider.

And WELCOME!  *hug*  I hope you have the time to visit every now and again...I've missed seeing you around the EQ sites. :)  (In case you don't recall, this is "Crescent" from the days of yore.)

dartfan

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »

I can give you access to upload Dartfan, if you haven't already emailed them off to Windrider.

And WELCOME!  *hug*  I hope you have the time to visit every now and again...I've missed seeing you around the EQ sites. :)  (In case you don't recall, this is "Crescent" from the days of yore.)
I might just send them off to Windrider... I just resized them all (no dimension larger than 1024), and they still add up to about 6MB, so it doesn't really make that much difference I don't suppose...

I do indeed recall, and while I can't guarantee I'll visit often, I might stick my nose in now and again, keep the Dart Love alive... :P

EDIT: (Some hours later) All done!  They should be winging there way to Windrider as we speak...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:30:46 PM by dartfan »

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »

Thanks to Dartfan, the popular "Elfquest Through the Ages" calendar is UP!  (we might have to do that theme again, it was so fun to look at those images again and we've barely tapped the vast well of art history).

Stick around Dartfan - you've been missed.  Really!

Some of the new calendar images need to be switched to the proper artist's name as "uploaded by."

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »

Thanks to Dartfan, the popular "Elfquest Through the Ages" calendar is UP!

Woohoo!

Some of the new calendar images need to be switched to the proper artist's name as "uploaded by."

Done!  As always, let me know if I've missed any.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »

Whew, except for January (which there wasn't a large-sized version of), I've uploaded non-formatted images for 2007 as well as all of the ones that weren't used for the calendar.

I think that's all of it, unless we wanted to grab the formatted images for 2002 and 2001.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »

Whoo Hoo!  We did it!   :D

There was a 2001 Calendar?  I thought 2002 was the first.   ???

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »

Errr...yeah, overactive imagination there. :D  2002 was the first.

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 12:15:04 AM »

Mirr, how did you get all the 2007 submissions?  Unformatted?  I think someone was doing mass downloads from the old site as it was tanking.  Sneaky, but I'm glad you did.  Those will work better than what I put up there.

*grins*
..yeah, since the old site was crumbling I thought I'd browse through the galleries and save down entries, just in case. And there is quite the spread in styles for calendar entries, so inspirational in many ways. I also tended to save down personal favourites overall, prior to that, so I'd have them in one place and not have to browse around so much to refind them :)

EDIT: It seems for the 2006 Calendar, "The Scream" was added to my gallery/account, but "The Cherishers" was not. As I at least don't think I can edit it.
*scratches head and tickles site code bits*

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:29:25 AM by Mirr »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »

Hello, I have made several pictures for the calendars.

For 2004 it was "Two Edge's Memories".
For 2007 it was "Trinket Loves Her Papas!", my favorite to this day.
And for 2008 I had 3 - "Consolation for ShenShen", "Rockshapers' Happiest Moment" and "The Key" (I still like the last of these 3 best).

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

*ahem* "Childhood's End" from the Beloved Dead calender is mine too. It's horrible but it's mine xD

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »

Thanks Afke! Calendar galleries have been updated.

I realized that the item counts for users weren't being updated by my database fiddling, so I went and updated those accordingly.

Also created "unregistered_artist" and reassigned all the orphan pictures to that user, rather than Windrider and myself. That way you can look at Windrider's gallery and find *her* artwork, and likeweise for me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up