Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED: Council of Elders  (Read 27476 times)

silentleaf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Council of Elders
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

You all have my everlasting gratitude for stepping in to take over this site. this place has become one of my daily haunts. it makes me so happy to see and share art with you all that includes story's "JEB write more about Rayek!" Stomps foot
I LOVE you all!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »

Looks like we have our team! Five is an ideal number, imho. It's also good that there is a mix of both long-time and newer members...the former will have a good instinctive sense of what has worked for the community over the years, while the latter will have a fresh perspective. :)

Admin:
Warg
Super-Moderator:
Mirr
Moderators:
Treefox
Tevokkia
Maggie
DestinysGift
windbourne

Does that sound right? If any of the people in the list of mods have changed their mind, now's a good time to speak up :)

Later today I'll give the above people access to a separate forum so Kael and I can ask some policy questions and you can use that space if you desire to do a review of the site rules.

Oh my gosh…you like me, you really like me! Haha.
Knuckles of pork for everyone!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »

OK, you guys should now belong to the Proto-Mod group with access to all boards on the forum. Let me know if you encounter any weirdness with permissions.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »

I can see the mod section fine, but now, when I log on, I cannot see catmahathy's aer or nilla's art that was posted yesterday anymore. I can see it fine when I log out, though. Huh?

Edit: I also cannot comment on any pictures anymore.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:32:56 PM by Treefox »

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:44 AM »

I can't see any mod section (maybe I am looking in the wrong place?) and the recent artwork section only shows my Minyah and Selah? But that's only when I am signed in, when I am not I can see all the recent artwork.

EDIT: Found the Mod Section... ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:03:22 AM by Maggie »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »

Sorry about that! You guys should see the art again, though your title will no longer be proto-mod :( Annoying side effect of how the album permissions work. When a new membergroup is added, their checkboxes in each album's permissions are unchecked by default.  My choice is to either edit all the albums, or to make new membergroups an "additional membergroup" for members, leaving their default membership as Regular Members.

There may be a trick around this, but I haven't sleuthed it out yet.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »

I want to add to silentleaf's comment that I too can not thank you enough for over taking this huge project.  This is my favourite place now to hang out on the web and I am happy it will remain.  Thank you!  :D

Oh and good luck to everyone involved in this!

EDIT - I can't see any of Maggie's art now =0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:35:15 PM by branchscamper »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »

Maggie, I changed your album's profile from "my work" to "Default Profile".  THat should fix the permissions issues.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »

Great choices for admins, congrats everyone :3

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »

Maggie, I changed your album's profile from "my work" to "Default Profile".  THat should fix the permissions issues.

Thank you.  :)

Oh and I was wondering, in the permission profile what does "River Song" do? Does it make all the titles of your artwork change to "Hello Sweetie"?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:03:15 PM by Maggie »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »

*snicker*

The profile's are, well, a set of permissions rules that are fairly fine-grained. In theory they might allow us to have a gallery where members could submit art, but only a small handful of people could view the art...a handy way to hold a contest, for example.  Unfortunately most people don't realize what in the world the profile's are all about, so they occasionally create their own, or choose something other than Default that sounds good, and end up clobbering people's ability to see their art or comment on it. And the annoying thing is, there's a bug in the software that won't let me delete profiles!

That said, I"m not using the latest-and-greatest version of the gallery mod, so I'm hoping that bug will be fixed in the new version of the site based on the latest revision.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 12:09:14 AM »

While I can see most of the recent art when I log on now, I still cannot see Maggie's art. When logged out, everything is visible again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up