Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 591425 times)

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #325 on: November 13, 2011, 05:14:29 AM »

I am struggling just a bit with the last pose. I've got 2/3's of my two pieces done, but I can't get this last pose for them both just right. Hopefully, I can figure it out. Today, gonna work on it a little bit later.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 13, 2011, 05:43:27 AM »

Almost done with my Chot sketches!

...one question though. Now I've drawn two lady pinups but I wonder about doing a male one. Underwear is a given when the front is visible but could that, eh, be "fitted" underwear or should it be a more loose loincloth type of thing?

At the moment Chot is wearing something like the Go-Backs wore in the ritual dance at the bottom of this page (sans the fur parts) and he would very much like to keep it because he thinks it fits him perfectly.

Yah. You're such a ladies' man, Chot. ::)

I seem to remember it being said somewhere that if it's seen in the comics then it's OK, but I just want to make sure before I ink it ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 13, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »

I've finished Kimo now on to the rest of my boys.  ;D

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 13, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »

I would like to see Chot in that! It's part of Go-Back culture. I was fascinated that the Go-Backs have such a ritual dance.
Wendy surely made up some wonderful cultures.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »

Icebird, I think it would be fitting to show Chot in Go-Back style ritual underwear (sounds like some cult thing when you put it that way  ;D ).   Although given his lazy personality, I bet he usually can't be bothered and goes commando.   :lol  I like the fur tim underwear in that linked picture.  You sure you can't give his form fitting undies a little fluffy trim?

Sheesh, the kinds of discussions this calendar is spawning... elf buns and butt cracks and underwear.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »

Nah, I don't think so. That is a dance for honoring the dead, not to feel the blood rush through ones veins, as the dance we see later. ;)
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »

I like the fur tim underwear in that linked picture.  You sure you can't give his form fitting undies a little fluffy trim?

I actually already did because I thought it would be more fun to dress him up (down?) in the canon underwear - so there is now an aesthetically pleasing fur trim on his undies ;D

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »

Thumbs up for traditional Go-Back underwear!  ;D

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #333 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »

ZOMG, only three more to go and we've hit 52! :hyper

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »

We are awesome! We can do it!
I am already amazed at all the artwork that was produced for this project.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 15, 2011, 01:20:30 PM »

Nope, down to only 2 more needed now!   ;D

We are easily going to make it to a one year calendar, since quite a number of our major past calendar contributors tell me they have many images nearly done and ready to send.

What looks like it might happen is that we may get stuck with around 20 to go to make it a two year calendar.  Or maybe not.  I am a bit worried because some of the newbies to this site logged in to sign up, but we haven't heard any progress reports from them.  However, they may come through at the last minute - which is totally the norm for the fan calendar.  Every year about this time I think we won't have enough for even a 12 month calendar and we've never had a problem.  And look!  This year we already have 50 entries!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 15, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »

Still busy with life and job and stuff, but at least I have 1 day holiday here, so I can do some art-work.
It's a fact that I need a little bit of inspiration, muse and relaxedness to do creative work, do art and this normally hardly happens at my current workload.
Also I am frightened sometimes just to start cause I... don't know. But sometimes the start and the finish are the hardest parts for me. In the middle thing sometimes flow.

So I took a day off, for household but also EQ stuff. Hope to get my stuff finished soon.

Jeedai

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 15, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

NEWBIE UPDATE

Nilla's part of our joint project for this (Jink in issue number #1 cover outfit) is done. I'm a little behind on my part (vector-inking and dressing her sketches)...

Headshot: DONE (including revisions suggested by members of this site)

Action Pose (actually reclining): Very nearly done

Sexy pose: Figure done except for arms, sexy flowing wrap not started yet.

I will continue grinding away at this and expect to make deadline, but doesnt look like it'll make it into the year-long calendar... (EDIT:) If there are just two more slots to fill.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:22:09 PM by Jeedai »

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 16, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »

For those who might still need inspiration for their sexy pin-up pose, I just saw this at Deviant Art:
http://DistortedSmile.deviantart.com/journal/Project-Educate-Origins-of-Pinup-and-Glamour-269015961

The Origins of Pinup and Glamour.  How timely for us!

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 16, 2011, 08:37:03 AM »

I just hope we won't end up being 5-10 images short from making the two-year calendar.... That'd be a bummer.

Draw, draw- all newbies - I command you all!  ;D

As for me, I'm constantly switching between "OMG I've taken on too many characters" and "OMG, let me take on more!"... (Relax, Windrider, I won't be bombarding you with more PM's...just sharing my confused state of mind! ;) )
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:38:50 AM by Mirror »

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 16, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »

UGH i am stuck on the movement pose! UGH UGH

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »

@Silentleaf:
 atleast it sounds like your action pose has some action in it. Most of my characters just want to sit and look randomly into the air. :P

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

yep tht sitting statement is about the same here... does beating him black and blue with my pen count as movement... sigh

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »

Okay, Aurianfae's Goodtree pinup has officially brought us to a grand total of 52 entries!  We have year one covered!   :woohoo

Now comes the big push to get enough for year two (of course, they won't be spilt up that way, but you know what I mean).  If I total all the entries I know are in the works from Joselle, Mirror, Eregyrn, etc... that is about 35-40 more entries.  And that's not counting entries I am pretty sure are in the works, but the artist hasn't said anything directly.  I think we are going to do it!   :jam
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:15:11 PM by Windrider »

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 16, 2011, 11:14:08 AM »

Rock on! :jam Counting on getting Chot inked and coloured this weekend ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 16, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »

:shocker Two years would just be so unbelievably cool!
Wheee, I actually started coloring ssssexy Rain! So drawn all three poses, inked all three poses and now starting to color! That's not bad!
I can hardly describe how I am looking forward to get up early on January 1st, make me a nice cup of coffee and oogle, feel joy and comment on everything the whole day!  :coffee

Edit: And I also noticed that Woodlock really looks a lot like Rain. Eyes, face shape, even hair shape a little bit. Is Wendy sure that Rainsong is really Rain's daughter?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:26:34 PM by Treefox »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »

Status: Still need to start Minyah again. Bowki is more troublesome than anticipated. Not only composition, but to not make him a child, which is how he appears to me. Greenz is himself...  the challenge is to not make him too angry or pissed.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »

I won't allow a 2nd year being shot down because of 5 images too few. :o Then I'd take up some last minute chars and demand an extra week, lol.

That said, I still have my eye on a few interesting chars, but I really wanna finish the 2 I'm still working on first. Picknose is ready to be colored, Olbar's portrait was actually already done the 1st week... (I was actually so happy with how it turned out that I was afraid to start on the rest and ruin it) but I've finally decided on the pin-up pose, sketched it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:32:08 PM by afke »

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:44 PM »

I've nearly finished Scouter! And Haken is still not cooperating, but darnit I WILL finish his piece!

I'm also among the "would take on more characters" to finish the second year. ^____^

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 16, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »

And Haken is still not cooperating, but darnit I WILL finish his piece!
Try telling him he's going to Recognize Timmain as punishment if he continues to hinder your work. :lol
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:31:47 PM by nilla »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27   Go Up