Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 91008 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »

Marut looks at Moondrop...

"Others?...."

he has to think for a while... then says...

"there are no others... I'm alone here..."

He seems to be in a daze of some sort, like an animal too keen on hunting... then suddenly Marut draws his bow and shoots!

(Marut rolls 6! BOOYAH! ATTA BOY!)

The arrows flies through the air and hits something just behind ta hill! lots of four legged running can be heard!... Marut walks towards the hill and asks Moondrop...

"You hungry?..."

On the other side of the hill a reindeer lies on the ground, with arrow sticking fron the back of it's neck... Marut pulls the arrow out and cuts the animals neck to make sure it's dead...

----------------

Wander looks at Laluna, for a moment their eyes lock in a strange way, way that seems to scare both of them, Wander steps back a bit... the feeling is suddenly odd and something Laluna has not felt before... Wander seems to purposefully look away... everything they were doing seems to have gone in a halt... Wander looks to the side...

"what... what was that?..."

(Damn! we almost had a recognition there! I rolled 40 sided die for wander and for Laluna, Wander got 20 and Laluna got 19, if the rolls match it's a recognition!)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2020, 08:48:53 AM »

Although Moondrop has been grazing on what roots and berries she's been able to forage during her walk, it's been a while since she's had a full belly. Figuring that there's more than Marut can eat, she follows to earn her fill helping if she can.

Czarine

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2020, 08:58:29 AM »

(Whoa! That was a close call!  :o )

Laluna looks confused when her gaze locks with Wander. She can't really describe the passing, strange feeling... but it leaves her a bit shaken.

"I-I don't know..." she answers, still confused. She looks around, scared if something evil is trying to enter their holt again, but she can't pinpoint the odd feeling elsewhere but in Wander.

She looks at him uncertainly, trying to figure out if he really is hiding something... but he himself seems confused about the situation. What just happened?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2020, 09:01:03 AM »

Marut starts cutting the meat from the skin and bone and asks...

"Do you eat raw or do you cook it first?..."

While he is asking he puts a piece of bloody meat to hi mouth and eats it... there are some bloodstains on his silvery beard... Moondrop feels how warm the reindeer still is at it is a fresh kill... the meat is beautifully red... her new knife cuts the meat very well... Marut asks...

"So... do you have a hideout here?... I have one... on a big tree..."

as they are cutting the meat Moondrop suddenly realizes Marut's hands... five fingers! seeing it instantly makes the flashback return to her mind... someone with five finger caring for her that was not human...

----------------

Wander quickly glances at Laluna and feels relieved that the strange feeling is passing..

"What ever it was it was strange... well... it is gone now... the feeling..."

Laluna also finds that there is still a very tiny bit of the bird left... their food situation is bad again...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2020, 03:01:57 PM »

Moondrop shakes her head in answer to Marut's question. "No. I only found this forest today. But it is so peaceful here. And the game seems plenty. I was looking for a place to den."

She chews her meat silently for a awhile, thinking about the memory and what it might mean. Everything has been so strange and dream-like, she's not sure whether she can trust the memory, or whether it is something born in this snowy world, like the tower and beast.

She gazes at Marut's hands again, hoping more of the memory might come. "It's strange to have five fingers, isn't it?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2020, 03:25:12 PM »

Marut looks at his hands...

"Yes..."

then focuses on cutting the meat again... the more Moondrop looks at his hands the more she feels she has seen them somewhere before,  not the misty world but somewhere even before that... why would an elf even have five fingers?... Marut's gaze turn to her...

"there are plenty of places to den here... little caves... and the big trees... there is even a little human shed... abandoned, but there..."

Marut doesn't seem so friendly as he was before, he is not unwelcoming or rude but... different... like he really has lost part of himself to the hunt... Marut starts skinning the carcass...

"good pelt... better take it with us... you... you are coming to see my den?..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »

Moondrop itches to share her memory with Marut to see if he has any explanation, but since his mind seems to be elsewhere, she decides to wait. Maybe time later will offer a better chance to talk or bring up more memories.

"Yes." She answers. "Do you need help?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »

".... Will you help me carry some meat?..."

Marut asks and turns the reindeer carcass into a backpack, carrying most of it, but carves out some meat and puts it into a sack for Moondrop to carry... just as they are starting to walk, suddenly yet another elf appears! just as white skinned as Wander!... he looks at them and asks them, looking very serious... his voice is calm, but there is something sinister about it...

"... Hey... have you seen an elf with black hair and white skin?... goes by the name of Wander..."

He stares at them with his light pink eyes. almost everything in him is white, and he dresses in pinkish and green clothes... in his hand he has a cane that is ominously sharp in the end... as well as his white skin, there is strange beauty about him, same as with Wander... could he be from Wander's tribe? the ones who abandoned him to die alone... Marut doesn't know about Wander but the guy has made him alarmed, Marut says...

"Who is asking?..."

the elf replies...

"My name is Yare... please, if you meet this Wander... stay away from him, he is a dangerous man..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2020, 03:08:57 AM »

Laluna looks at Wander a bit uncertain of everything, but nods then. The weird feeling has passed, but it still makes Laluna uneasy.

"...I will go check on Stormsong." she says awkwardly, and heads up the stairs. She needs a bit of fresh air to clear her mind of the strange feeling, and she wishes to talk to Stormsong about their food situation, if the great wolf even is there.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2020, 05:40:00 AM »

(wasn't the most of the meat stored in a stone outside by Wander? If the bird was big enough to ride on it there must be some meat left I think)

Antaka looks at Sir Toad and sees his nose. It looks like a Sandcats one, how interesting. But she isn't afraid not even in wonder why that might be. It's just how he looks like. Interesting.
She looks a last time around and says "Nothing evil here, no monster or vines. Let's get out of here."
She was sure she don't like the forest at all.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2020, 06:01:41 AM »

"What makes him so dangerous?" Moondrop asks.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2020, 06:18:52 AM »

Wander nods at Laluna and sits at his throne, pondering what just happened, Laluna heads upstairs where Stormsong is, he immediately rises up and comes to Laluna!...

"Friend! friend came! friend! ArooooOOOOOoooo!!..."

His tail wags furiously and he licks Laluna's face!...

-----------------------
Toad nods at Antaka and starts heading back with her, they come to the smaller cave that connects the cavern and the tower... Toad look at Antaka and says...

"I hope you don't mind me saying, but your hair and skin are very beautiful... please, do not get offended, I just wanted to state a fact..."

he nods politely, but doesn't really wait for her to say her mind and heads up the hole... then mentions...

"of rats... the leech! I almost forgot again! I better go get him before I truly forgot him for good..."

-------------------
Yare looks at Moondrop, a bit hesitant if he should tell her anything...

"I... would not wish to share metters of my tribe with strangers... we don't trust outsiders... but... it might save your life...."

He closes his odd eyes for a moment then sighs quite painfully...

"Wander used to be... our Chief..."

Yare looks as if a bad taste arose to his mouth by calling Wander Chief, but he continues...

"He... Wanted us to scout ahead, in the mountains... even though one of us had already perished... He KNEW there was danger in the mountain, he found a safe hole for himself somewhere... while all the others were slaughtered... I... I.... I will... avenge my tribe... Wander must pay... he sent us to die!..."

Yare's calmness cracks a bit, he shivers in anger...

"I will... make him pay..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2020, 06:48:10 AM »

Antaka stands flabbergast and don't know what to say. So he was really hornest with all of that?
"I don't mind, Thank you sir Toad" she sends after him and stops herself. A short time she wonders if she like to accompany him to see the leech witch is more annoying than him. But she don't want to push her luck. She don't want to be rude again for missunderstandings. But she had to admit, she don't like the forest and wants to get far away from it. And she always likes Sandcats a lot. But she can't just say, she does like his nose, can she?
She gets also outside. Maybe Laluna has something to execute outside this tower and forest Antaka can help her with?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2020, 07:21:39 AM »

They come in the tower where wander is sitting on his throne, He looks at them...

"No dangers down there?... what a relief... good to see you safe and sound..."

Toad nods and says...

"good Norah Huntress acted very bravely, even if there was no danger... she is a great ally..."

Toad says this all and keeps his fist at his chest as if he was proud...  then he lowers his hand...

"but do excuse me, I have a matter I have to attend to... I need to bring someone here I cannot keep alive alone... hope you do not mind, mister Wander..."

Wander nods slightly, Toads way of speaking made him a bit confused... Toad bows deep, and then sets off... Wander says to Antaka...

"He sure is strange... I wonder if speaking like that is common from where he is from... but are you alright?..."

Wander looks at Antaka with his milky eyes, he is clearly preferring to Toad's and Antaka's fight earlier...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2020, 09:22:25 AM »

"Strange indeed" Antaka says to herself. "We're good", she said to Wander. "He is a perfect ally too, you don't have to worry that I try to backstab him while we're on a hunt or fight. That's never gonna happen. be sure about that." She knows how important the safety of a group is and don't want to make him worry. But it's true. She could differ personal dislike and being a functional group. She looks around, Wander was alone here.
"I wanted to ask that all the time. This throne you're sitting on, was it in here or did you make it with your rock shaping ability? Why a throne and not a bed to lay in? What does the birdlike ornament stand for?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2020, 12:02:17 PM »

Wander reaches his arms toward her...

"Antaka...."

His sickly voice calls softly, he wants her to Come closer... But listens to her guestion while his cloudy eyes try to make out details of her face...

"I made the throne... I figured it woul do no harm to pretend to be the King of this... Tomb... I live In... And besides, being on a bed makes me worse... Something about laying down seems to fill my lungs with water..."

Wander looks behind him at the bird ornament...

" That? It is a memento of the tribe I Lost... The Golden Falcon was the name of my tribe..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2020, 12:40:59 PM »

Moondrop frowns. "Why would he do that? What chief wants to kill his tribe?" She shakes her head. "It doesn't make sense."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2020, 05:06:42 PM »

Yare looks at Moondrop and says while trying to battle his anger...

"Yet, that is exactly what he Did!... He killed all the others just for thinking about choosing a other chief... After he himself brought us to this frozen wastelands..."

For a moment Yare grits his teeth... But slowly calms down again...

"... So if you see him... Tell me where he is so I can avenge my family and friends..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »

Moondrop nods. "And if we do see him, where do we find you? Do you live around here?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2020, 10:00:42 PM »

Yare looks into the distance towards a taller pine tree that reaches for the sky above the other trees...

"There... My hideout is there... Please... Help me find peace... By letting me have revenge... That is the only thing I have left..."

For a moment there is heavy, all swallowing sadness In Yare's eyes...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »

Moondrop looks in the direction of the tree, fixing its location in her mind.

This place just keeps getting odder, she thinks. First, there seems to be an elf behind every tree. Second, that Yare and Wander could be so close to each other without Yare knowing. How could he miss such a large shelter out in the middle of nothing, less than a day's walk away?

Also to think about is the two different stories from Wander and Yare. She is glad that she doesn't have to determine the validity of either story.

She thinks about offering Yare some meat, but it is not her kill to offer.

She sighs and turns to Marut, wondering what his response will be to all of this.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2020, 08:47:05 PM »

Marut looks like he is pondering everything he just learned... Them decides to offer some Meat to Yare...

"Here... We have More than we need..."

Yare seems to be surprised by their offering, he stares at the Meat, clearly hungrily,... It might be that he isn't a Hunter and has not had a decent meal for a couple of Days, he clearly salivates a little, then quickly wipes his mouth and asks...

" Are you... Are you sure?..."

He looks at the both of them, clearly wanting the Meat but is unable to take it without both of them telling that he can... Marut looks at Moondrop, as if asking her what are they going to do about the clearly starving non Hunter...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2020, 06:12:56 AM »

"Sit and eat with us." Moondrop invites Yare. "I am a stranger here, and would like to hear of your tribe and the danger in the mountains, if you are willing."

"Or, if you don't wish to talk, still take what you need and we'll wish you safe travels until we may meet again."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2020, 09:17:43 AM »

Yare seems to be silent and for some reason a clear Red blush rises to his cheeks, he would never have thought of himself being invited to share something, like the feeling was completely New to him, he silently nods as he agrees to Come with them... The feeling of being invited seemed to wash away everything sinister about him and left him feeling shy... Marut looks at Moondrop clearly pondering why such a simple gesture seems to hold so much meaning to Yare... Yare cannot look them In the eyes and just silently smiles and swipes a lock of his hair behind his ear...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2020, 09:30:33 AM »

Laluna is still absent-minded when she climbs upstairs. What really happened between her and Wander? She feels overwhelmed of the strange feeling, and can't shake off her uneasiness.

Her thoughts are soon interrupted when Stormsong's large, wet tongue covers most of Laluna's face. She giggles and tries to push the big wolf back in vain.

"I'm glad to see you too!" she laughs. Stormsong's happy manners seem to cheer up Laluna.

"Do you know if there's any bigger prey around here?" she asks him, wiping the drool off her face.

"We are going to need more food soon."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Up