Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 591419 times)

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »

I've got this giant pile of rejected poses (and faces) for my first character, and a couple digital sketches that I almost like (the large portrait face is still giving me a little trouble). But I'm working on it!

I don't usually do a lot of fanart, but just couldn't resist this project. I almost feel like I ought to take some time out to do some less strenuous EQ artwork first.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »

I also like the rule change. Hopefully we'll really get loads and loads of art. Even if not all pics can make it into the calendar I would so love to see it all here. Seeing different interpretations of the same character is just great.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2011, 11:44:17 PM »

If we do manage to find some way to create a physical weekly calendar, I wish we could then put all the rest of the images at the back of the book. With so many artists participating the thing could almost be like a yearbook of the fan art community! 

Who knows...publish on demand outfits are getting more flexible every day. As long as WaRP is fully involved like they've been for past calendars via cafepress, and as long as money paid for the books is being channeled to a charity cause like Wolfpark, no one will feel abused or that their toes have been tread upon.

We'll worry about that later, I suppose. :)

(Oh, and welcome to the party Tevokkia, Emberra, and other lurking new peoples!)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 07:35:34 AM »

whew i'm soo busy.. damn school. ha! but I'm going camping and i'm going to bring some sketch tools and try to get some stuff worked out! i really love this idea you guys.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »

Wahoo for opening up 2nd chances for everybody. Damn, slowly I feel in the mood to grab a pencil and paper.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »

I just noticed that someone picked Petalwing O.o I'm not sure I want to see a sexy Petalwing! xD

LOL! That...will be interesting :D

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »

Quote from: Foxeye
If we do manage to find some way to create a physical weekly calendar, I wish we could then put all the rest of the images at the back of the book. With so many artists participating the thing could almost be like a yearbook of the fan art community! 

Well, as you know, the thought behind my original idea for this calendar was that it would be a non-contest.  For once, everyone would be included and it would be this big out-pouring of fan art love for everyone of all skill levels.  That was when the two of us thought it would be a stretch to get even 52 images.  Boy were we ever wrong!   ;D

I still kinda want this to be a non-contest, fan art love-fest.  My thoughts are that if we can get 104 images (plus one for the cover), we'll make it a two-year calendar planner.  That many images would seem like an impossible thing given how quiet both here and the Scroll have been this year, but you fans have proven us wrong already.  This soon before the deadline, there are already artists submitting finished work and asking for more characters!

And I haven't even tapped into my email data base to try to contact fan artists from the early years of the calendar.  Wouldn't THAT be fun to bring some of them back!

Who knows...publish on demand outfits are getting more flexible every day. As long as WaRP is fully involved like they've been for past calendars via cafepress, and as long as money paid for the books is being channeled to a charity cause like Wolfpark, no one will feel abused or that their toes have been tread upon. 

Okay, I'm throwing this out there:  Everyone, help me find a place to publish this thing!  I've been searching.  CafePress doesn't have a weekly calendar with images (we could have it published as a spiral bound book, but it would be in black and white  :P  ).  I'll drop Richard a message to get his input about permission for publishing outside of the CP Wolfrider's Shop if the proceeds go to Wolf Park.  He might have ideas of other on-demand publishers.  But I need help finding one, especially if we want to go the two-year route.

(Oh, and welcome to the party Tevokkia, Emberra, and other lurking new peoples!)

Yes, indeed, welcome everyone!  Please take the time to create a gallery for yourselves and share some art, and browse and comment on the wonderful art already here.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »

If we've already chosen three characters we can stick with them, right?  I chose some characters I wasn't familiar with, but it led me to reading a whole bunch of new stuff and I'm happy I did =)  I'm about to start my drawings now and am super excited about them.

How is everyone else coming along???

Sorry I'm not much help with the publishing side.  I mainly participate and buy these things.  Last fan art book I participated for was a GIANT and was kinda a coffee book kind and cost me roughly $100 to purchase XD  Totally worth it mind you, but doubt that is what you are looking for...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:51:58 PM by branchscamper »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »

Yeah, you can stick with them. :) I think the concern us just that some people had previously "settled" because they have to, and they may want to change now. I think it's very cool that you've "discovered" some characters that you didn't connect with before. ^_^ There's lots to explore in the books for sure.

I am significantly amused that one of the x2 pieces is Suntoucher. Sexy older men represent!

I'm coming along good. One is still in the sketch phase, but the rest are in coloring, bout 80% done or so. I may slow those down at this stage just to make sure I make it nice and clean, since I tend to rush. Having a lot of fun with these for sure. :) 

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »

One of mine is still in the sketch phase (the second one I picked up), mostly because I keep changing my mind on how the action shot should be posed (and I'm holding off a little to see if we're going to find out who is drawing who so I can see which costume the other person plans to use).  For the other (my initial choice), I'm finally happy with my sketches and have moved on to line work, but probably won't get a chance to really sit down and work on it for another couple of days.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »

Well, currently I can only say that at least one is getting along very well. I've got one other project I also have to finished before I can continue the calendar work, but I do have some realistic hope that I will finish at least three. Concerning ideas I have for so many other characters I could do another dozen! But alas the time issue remains...

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »

What if one could not find any colored version of an outfit?
e.g. I could not find any colored pics of all the elves from Wild Hunt/Recognition except for Ember and Teir.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »

What if one could not find any colored version of an outfit?
e.g. I could not find any colored pics of all the elves from Wild Hunt/Recognition except for Ember and Teir.

I think you are allowed to use your own best guess on that. 

That said, this alternative cover of Recognition may help where those particular outfits are concerned, for a few of the tribe:

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »

Thank you very  much, Foxeye!  This helps a bit.  ;)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »

Hey everyone!  Recheck the character list on the first page.  I am currently updating it to show the artists' names after the characters they've chosen.  Make sure I do indeed have you listed as drawing the characters I said you could draw.   ;)

Those who chose characters that go through many costume changes in the saga, please PM me with the costume you are drawing.  Since we are allowing more than one artist to draw the same character, at least the costumes should be different to add more variety.  Remember that isn't just for the "action" pose.  Wendy often included at least some of the costume's elements in the sexy, scantily clad pose, too (okay, SOME were totally nude, but not all!)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:21 PM »

Kudos for all the work, Windrider and Foxeye! I gotta admit, seeing who does who really makes even more curious for the outcome! Also, I am sooo excited to see what our new members come up with.
Is it just me or are the elves heads on that cover really big?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:58:52 PM by Treefox »

kittensoft

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2011, 08:29:49 PM »

Just sent you a PM with my costume choices :) Will get started shortly...hehe and if I manage to finish these at a decent time maybe I'll try drawing one of the males :)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »

Is it just me or are the elves heads on that cover really big?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Yeah. The funny thing is, the elves in the background look a bit better.

But Ember and Teir are 4.5 heads tall.  The usual Wendy wolfrider proportion is 5 heads tall.  (Human proportions are usually 7.5 to 8 heads tall.)  So if their heads were about 10% smaller, give or take, they'd look like they fit the figures better.

(I have that same problem all the time; I wind up with heads that are too big. It's something I correct after scanning the inks and fiddling with them in Photoshop, before printing them out for coloring.)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »

yes they look like bobble head dolls =)

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »

yes they look like bobble head dolls =)

Exactly what I was thinking!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »

I really didn't want to spoil the art and I am definitely tending to make the heads to big, but I looked at this and just though "whoa".
But Eregyrn is right, I think. The background figures are better proportioned, speaking in EQ terms.
Okay, if I can get to work now, I will start on my next submission tomorrow!

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »

Whoa, I'm gone for 4 days and suddenly the characters can be chosen twice and the names of the artists are displayed! Awesome ^__^

I'd totally go for Vaya except I don't want to get my ass kicked xD

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

You're not talking about me are you?  ;) I'm not that nasty. I'd be interested to see your version and we could try and make two layouts that would not look exactly the same. Why not? Though I must admit I have that layout all worked out already, but just in my mind, so I might be tolerant enough to alter it... a little...

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »

Haha, I was talking artwise :P Hmm, if she's still available when I've finished Jink, then I might give it a shot. I'll let you know :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27   Go Up